What's your favourite flower?

Sand Verbena, one of our rugged, native, little coastal wildflowers

3 Likes

This little bush is beginning to flower in my garden :slight_smile:
https://www.burkesbackyard.com.au/fact-sheets/in-the-garden/flowering-plants-shrubs/may-bush/

5 Likes

Here is a stock photo of some trailing petunias I have. They have had a rough year for some reason and I thought they died, but they are growing back now.

6 Likes

But it’s a May Bush , and we are in August . :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Spring in September :yum: You’ve got it all mixed up.

4 Likes

4 Likes

Yellow Trumpet, Brugmansia Suaveolens, with a plethora of blooms.

4 Likes

I like plants with trumpets , especially the pink angel trumpets , but beware , every part of the plant is poisonous .

5 Likes

A Rhododendron griersonianum hybrid at Trengwainton in the beautiful county of Cornwall

5 Likes

Don’t know the name of this one, but think it is in the Alocasia family???

5 Likes

Caladium , Burning Heart ???

1 Like

You’re right! Now that prompts my memory, a caladium is correct. Thankyou for IDing it for me. I’d love to have one myself. Saw this one at a show last year I think.

3 Likes

Tortoise’s favorite flower (to eat): Red Hibiscus

4 Likes

Carnations , August flowers .

5 Likes

So beautiful,I love the scent too.
We have one that smells similar to fejoa fruit :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

I never knew tortoises had such particular tastes !:smile:
(Edit,much to such…oh auto correct,how you test my patience :roll_eyes: )

3 Likes

Mmmmmmmmm :wink:

I used to love the taste of their milk , but it’s ages since I had any .

5 Likes

Reminds me of Caramel pie!!! … such yummy memories :smiley::pie:

I used to bring a pot of water to the boil, drop in the can of condensed milk, and let it gently boil - oh, I forget for how long - then remove from stove, let cool before opening and voila! It was now caramel!! Then this was used to fill a pie shell. Once, I forgot to wait … punctured the lid with the can opener and caramel shot out and up in a stream!!! Funny now :grin:

5 Likes

Which reminds me of another tin rattling in a pan of boiling water .

The dreaded Kaolin Poultice .

My childhood doctor seemed to me to think that a kaolin poultice was a universal remedy .

When I had mumps she prescribed it .

Other times she prescribed it .

I remember saying to my mum as she took me to the doctor’s : " She won’t tell you to put a poultice on it will she ?"

5 Likes

I should hope not!! THAT is sure an old can!

2 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.