Whats your liturgy?

What is your preferred liturgy like?

Usque.

How can I delete this thread???

Usque.

We have an orthodox and properly done Mass. I think most of the parishoners are pleased. I know our priest puts a big emphasis on obeying all instructions in the GIRM.

[quote=usqueadmortem]What is your preferred liturgy like?

Usque.
[/quote]

I don’t think there is enough information here.
My old parish thought they were conservative but held hands at the Our Father.

[quote=netmilsmom]I don’t think there is enough information here.
My old parish thought they were conservative but held hands at the Our Father.
[/quote]

Did they think they were conservative or orthodox? The holding hands at the the Our Father is an abuse, certainly, but I don’t think it would have an effect or either “conservative” or “orthodox,” as most people don’t know they aren’t supposed to do it. If something is done in ignorance, it diminishes culpability. I couldn’t answer the survey. My parish is orthodox, but we have the same abuse. Our folk are “conservative,” whatever that means, yet they still make a daisy chain when saying the Pater Noster.

[quote=JKirkLVNV]Did they think they were conservative or orthodox? The holding hands at the the Our Father is an abuse, certainly, but I don’t think it would have an effect or either “conservative” or “orthodox,” as most people don’t know they aren’t supposed to do it. If something is done in ignorance, it diminishes culpability. I couldn’t answer the survey. My parish is orthodox, but we have the same abuse. Our folk are “conservative,” whatever that means, yet they still make a daisy chain when saying the Pater Noster.
[/quote]

That is the point I’m stating.
They were far from “orthodox” yet thought that they were Conservative because the DRE and most of the staff was Charistmatic. To them, dancing girls, banners, holding hands was all conservative.

orthodox (with a small o).

what ever the Priest is reading from the gospels… don’t get to concerned over a little of literary license…

read and digest the gospel… you will be fine…

none of the above

the order for Mass given to us for our Rite by the Pope, properly celebrated according the to rubrics.

[quote=netmilsmom] To them, dancing girls, banners, holding hands was all conservative.
[/quote]

Awful! Poor catechisis on the liturgy. It’s an epidemic that I hope HH Pope Benedict remedies.

FELDAMADT KRISZTUS!
FALOBAN FELDAMADT!

None of the above…

We celebrate the Divine Liturgy of St. John Chrysostom and St. Basil the Great.

CHRISTOS VOSKRES!
VO ISTINU VOSKRES!

This is a good question.

I’ve recently joined a good conservative parish.
A couple weeks ago we were all asked to fill out a questionaire called “The Parish Survey” asking our opinions on various subjects and rating their importance.
One that threw me was;
Expand the types and varieties of liturgies and prayer services; how important is this to you?
I just put a question mark after underlining “types” and “varieties”. The question made me nervous because I don’t know just HOW a liturgy can be a different “type” or HOW it can be “varied” and my mind does not conjure up anything good here.
I had visions of litugical dancers in my head from another parish I once belonged to along with Pater Noster hand holding.
Since our parish is mostly older folk, I’m hoping none of that “variety” will be sneaking in…

[quote=usqueadmortem]What is your preferred liturgy like?

Usque.
[/quote]

You don’t have it. Orthodox N.O. per the GIRM would be my preference if you included it.

[quote=Ignatius]You don’t have it. Orthodox N.O. per the GIRM would be my preference if you included it.
[/quote]

That’s what we have!
The EWTN Holy Mass. Right in our backyard.

I’m looking for another of these parishes. I feel they are not around.
Could someone direct me (particularly in Cleveland)?

1. Altar Boys
  2. Kneeling for Communion
  3. Host dipped in Precious Blood and on the tongue
    4, Latin and Greek
  4. NO holding hands for the Our Father
  5. Rosary before Holy Mass
  6. Devotion to Mary including May Crowning
  7. CCD that actually teaches a child how to be a Catholic
  8. No “scooping” or Orans
  9. Really Holy Priests that know how to speak to one’s heart

I’m I asking too much?

Are there any parishes that celebrate the Ambrosian liturgy in Ameirca? I saw some photos from an Una Voce website and it looked somewhat similar to a Tridentine Mass but of coarse, it has it’s differances.

[quote=EddieArent]Are there any parishes that celebrate the Ambrosian liturgy in Ameirca? I saw some photos from an Una Voce website and it looked somewhat similar to a Tridentine Mass but of coarse, it has it’s differances.
[/quote]

The Ambrosian liturgy is, sadly, celebrated regularly only in Milan. The liturgy was celebrated once at St. Paul’s Outside the Walls by the auxilliary archbishop of Milan, and I am sure that it has been celebrated at St. Peter’s a time or two. But I doubt it’s ever going to leave Italy any time soon. The same holds true for the other beautiful liturgies of the Western Rite that are confined to a few small chapels here and there. Stupid Charlemagne :frowning:

[quote=netmilsmom]That’s what we have!
The EWTN Holy Mass. Right in our backyard.

I’m looking for another of these parishes. I feel they are not around.
Could someone direct me (particularly in Cleveland)?

1. Altar Boys
  2. Kneeling for Communion
  3. Host dipped in Precious Blood and on the tongue
    4, Latin and Greek
  4. NO holding hands for the Our Father
  5. Rosary before Holy Mass
  6. Devotion to Mary including May Crowning
  7. CCD that actually teaches a child how to be a Catholic
  8. No “scooping” or Orans
  9. Really Holy Priests that know how to speak to one’s heart

I’m I asking too much?
[/quote]

Nope. That is just about right! :slight_smile:

:tiphat:

[quote=jlw]Nope. That is just about right! :slight_smile:
[/quote]

Wouldn’t be nice if this was everywhere?:blessyou:

We have most of this at my parish. Except the Altar Boys are Altar Men (mostly in their 20s). No children at all. I don’t know if it is just that we dont’ have many children in our congregation or our Monsignor prefers adults. I prefer it with grown-ups though.

And no one seems to do the rosary before or after Mass, at least not at the Masses I’ve attended, but I’ve yet to make an early Mass there so it could be I just don’t get out of bed early enough.

We have Latin and Greek at the Vigil Mass on Saturday night.

There is no scooping or Orans, except for this one very distracting woman who I’ve had the misfortune to sit behind twice now who does these bizarre pointing or hand-up gestures towards the priest during various parts of the Mass. I don’t know what to make of it because the rest of her behaviour is totally conforming. Yes, I watch her. I can’t help myself when someone is making such a spectacle of themselves. I need to close my eyes more.

We don’t have the Host dipped in Precious Blood because the congregation does not receive the Precious Blood, but we pretty much all kneel at the altar rail for Communion, though sometimes there is also a standing line if the Church is really packed. Some people receive in the hand, but most receive on the tongue (with a paton beneath their chin).

Of course, the one thing in which my parish is completely derailed is the RCIA class. Monsignor brings in outside “Sisters” to teach the class. I’ve put “Sisters” in quotes for a reason. It’s a total travesty. I got into a big argument with the head “Sister” after the very first class and never went back. I would write to Monsignor if I thought he was unaware of what was being taught, but he was there for most of the first class. I really don’t understand the disconnect because his homilies are just fine and orthodox. It is probably just as well we don’t have CCD.

What is this?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.