What's your take on this?

I need help in interpreting this dream, or at least have some opinions about it. Let me give you some background first. My wife and I have a civil divorce, but we are still Sacramentally married. Ok here is the dream. I dreamt that my wife and I were at church renewing our vows. The churched looked almost the same as the one that I attend, execpt for the tabernacle being behind the altar in my dream. There was a second tabernacle, and this one was in the center of the aisle going to the altar. It was taller than the one behind the altar and it also had on its face the Divine Mercy image in gold. The rays of light coming out of the heart were white and reddish gold. The priest told us that we had to serve in church, I don’t know if it was as altar servers or as lectors, I forget. But I remember telling the priest that we do not have our albs. I told my wife to wait for me at church while I go running to get them at the house. Then I woke up.

Sometimes I am able to interpret dreams … but it’s much easier when I know the person who had the dream and what’s going on in his or her life. So I can give you an opinion, but if you want expert advice or insight that can be far more helpful to you than the musings of a complete stranger on the internet, I recommend that you talk to a priest or spiritual advisor.

The dream first calls your attention to a humble tabernacle where Jesus is truly present thanks to the altar of the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and His Holy Sacrifice on the Cross. Love is made possible through sacrifice, and the fact that it does not always look glamorous does not diminish its worth.

The second tabernacle, since it is set in the aisle, seems to recall the day you walked down the aisle for your wedding Mass. If I remember right from St. Faustina’s Diary, the red and white rays coming from Jesus’ heart symbolize blood and water. “Oh blood and water which gushed forth from the Heart of Jesus as a fountain of mercy for us, I trust in you.” That the red is tinged with gold indicates the rich importance of, again, sacrifice. The sacrifice of Jesus for sinners, the sacrifice of oneself in marriage for the good of the spouse. The embracing of sacrifice and reconciliation.

As for serving God in the Church and proper clothing, here’s a Bible passage from Ephesians 6:5-18:

"5 Servants, be obedient to them that are your lords according to the flesh, with fear and trembling, in the simplicity of your heart, as to Christ:

"6 Not serving to the eye, as it were pleasing men, but, as the servants of Christ doing the will of God from the heart, 7 With a good will serving, as to the Lord, and not to men. 8 Knowing that whatsoever good thing any man shall do, the same shall he receive from the Lord, whether he be bond, or free. 9 And you, masters, do the same things to them, forbearing threatenings, knowing that the Lord both of them and you is in heaven; and there is no respect of persons with him. 10 Finally, brethren, be strengthened in the Lord, and in the might of his power.

"11 Put you on the armour of God, that you may be able to stand against the deceits of the devil. 12 For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and power, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places. 13 Therefore take unto you the armour of God, that you may be able to resist in the evil day, and to stand in all things perfect. 14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of justice, 15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace:

“16 In all things taking the shield of faith, wherewith you may be able to extinguish all the fiery darts of the most wicked one. 17 And take unto you the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God). 18 By all prayer and supplication praying at all times in the spirit; and in the same watching with all instance and supplication for all the saints:”

drbo.org/chapter/56006.htm

May God bless you and your wife.

~~ the phoenix

Interpretation of dreams is idoltry.

First you spelled Idolatry wrong Second if it were Idolatry then In Genesis when Joseph was interpreting dreams he would be committing Idolatry. Which he wasn’t.:slight_smile:

I don’t get it. How can you say that dream interpretation is idolatrous. If this was the case, then why do God fearing men, both in the Old and New Testaments actually had this gift? I dont want you to take this the wrong way or read me as being condescending, which I am not, but it’s not like I am putting my dreams before God. I am not rendering them, worship or giving them a place that only God deserves. I rarely have these types of dreams and when I do, I have a feeling that they are trying to tell me something.

Thank you Phoenix for your thoughts on what my dreams mean. I have to admit, when I read your post, it touched my heart alot. I will talk to my parish priest about it though.

Catechism of the Catholic Church:

2115 God can reveal the future to his prophets or to other saints. Still, a sound Christian attitude consists in putting oneself confidently into the hands of Providence for whatever concerns the future, and giving up all unhealthy curiosity about it. Improvidence, however, can constitute a lack of responsibility.

2116 All forms of divination are to be rejected: recourse to Satan or demons, conjuring up the dead or other practices falsely supposed to “unveil” the future.48 Consulting horoscopes, astrology, palm reading, interpretation of omens and lots, the phenomena of clairvoyance, and recourse to mediums all conceal a desire for power over time, history, and, in the last analysis, other human beings, as well as a wish to conciliate hidden powers. They contradict the honor, respect, and loving fear that we owe to God alone.

2117 All practices of magic or sorcery, by which one attempts to tame occult powers, so as to place them at one’s service and have a supernatural power over others - even if this were for the sake of restoring their health - are gravely contrary to the virtue of religion. These practices are even more to be condemned when accompanied by the intention of harming someone, or when they have recourse to the intervention of demons. Wearing charms is also reprehensible. Spiritism often implies divination or magical practices; the Church for her part warns the faithful against it. Recourse to so-called traditional cures does not justify either the invocation of evil powers or the exploitation of another’s credulity.

I was wrong. Hmmm, gotta brush up on my Christian Faith. Sorry for being quick on the trigger.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.