When did Eastern Catholicism happen

There are two books I recommed, 1. Christians in China A.D. 600 to 2000, by Jean-Pierre Charbonnier. Very good if you like christian history, it begins with the Syrian Church of the East (Nestorian) going into China and also a brief union with Rome about 1290-1317 or so.

1. “The Lost History of Christianity: The Thousand-Year Golden Age of the Church in the Middle East, Africa, and Asia–and How It Died” by Philip Jenkins. I just ordered his one from Amozon used for 18.00 dollars.

Also a Russian council will meet Jan 27-28 to choose a new Patriarch of Russia. I am Catholic but it think it important to pray for this counil.

Cardinal Isidore is who you are thinking of. He was metropolitan of Kyiv I think. I don’t think his decision for re union was very popular in the homeland but I can’t say I know for certain.

Isidore was run out of Russia and ended his days in Rome.

This resulted in the principal see of the Russian Church being transferred from Kiev to Moscow.

Also, the Russian Church at this time broke with Constantinople and became de facto (and later de jure) autocephalous.

Why is bpbasilphx suspended?

That’s a forbidden topic on this site. Not that I know, either.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.