When did humans receive a soul?

I don’t know whether I believe in evolution or not but, IF the basic idea of evolution is true then when would have mankind have a soul? What does the Church say?
Was it when we were neanderthals, apes, homo sapiens etc.

What is a “soul” @aspiringthomist ?

There are probably 3 or 4 active “Adam and Eve” threads going on right now and a lot of people have written good posts. You should search the forums to find them, as many people probably do not want to spend the time re-posting things they have already said.

There’s an interesting discussion about ensoulment here Who were Adam’s womb based parents? . Like bobperk said, there are 5 other evolution threads right now. 1 in Sacred Scripture. 2 in Philosophy. And 2 in Apologetics. (Click on apologetics, then where it says “all” click there and select “none.”)

Thanks mVitus. I don’t want to take away the OP’s thread, but on the same token there is already a lot of info and posts out there.

There are currently running threads on this subject. It would be better if you joined in them.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.