When did Satans fall happen?

Im trying to figure out if there was any incidents of people living in times before Satans fall from heaven, that had seen Ghosts.

I know when Jesus returned after the crucifixion, he had to prove to the disciples he was not a ghost, so this tells me they knew what a ghost was.

Im looking around for times of people seeing ghosts and IF it was before satans fall, not sure what they would be, since there would be no demons at this point.

Ive had a couple of my own experiences with ghosts/ strange things happening while alone in a house, and to be honest, they were not good or evil in nature, sure they scared me, but this was due to the fact ‘something’ was there besides me, it was not a fear of something evil, Ive also heard some many other credible people seeing and experiencing ghosts. but if the bible is correct…a ghost should not even exist, and people do not get stuck here on earth in spirit form…so what is to explain all these sightings?

According to St Augustine Satan’s fall is the separation of light from darkness (ie. the good angels from the bad) referred to in Genesis 1:4, which was one the first day. Man was created after Satan’s fall (on the sixth day.) Note: St. Augustine did not believe the days of creation were literal “days” but if the order is correct, no man lived prior to the fall of the evil angels.

Hat leads to the question what is a ghost exactly. It is probably a soul in purgatory

People were created after Satan’s fall.

Im looking around for times of people seeing ghosts and IF it was before satans fall, not sure what they would be, since there would be no demons at this point.

Adam and Eve did indeed witness a demon - Satan himself when he tempted them to eat of the forbidden tree. Demons and mankind have always coexisted. Just as angels and mankind have also coexisted.

but if the bible is correct…a ghost should not even exist, and people do not get stuck here on earth in spirit form…so what is to explain all these sightings?

The Bible speaks of the existence of both ghosts (the spirits of deceased human beings) and demons (fallen angels). Read this article (but don’t let it be your only source) for an introductory catholic perspective on ghosts:

oswc.org/FurtherStudy/SevenTypes.asp

Not sure when it happened, but could not have been until after the creation…at the end of each day, God “saw that it was good”’ , and at the end of the 6th day, He “saw that it was VERY good”…had Satan been around to muck up the perfection of God’s creation earlier, God would never have view it as “good”, and certainly not “very good”.

Peace and prayers!

Good point, that is true, I doubt God would have said ‘everything is good’ on that particular day!

I dont know why, but for some reason, I was under the impression mankind had existed for awhile before Satans fall, but it is looking like it happened around the time after adam and eve were created and before they ate of the forbidden fruit, but hard to say how may of our years this time frame was.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.