When did you last go to reconciliation?

How long has it been?

[quote=Maranatha]How long has it been?
[/quote]

I usually go every couple of weeks whether I have committed mortal sin or not, but alas, I must admit that as of right now I have not been in about 5 weeks. That will change this Saturday though. :smiley:

I find myself going weekly most of the time…
and it is WORKING!! :thumbsup:

…within the last 3 months… i know, i know, should be more frequent, and worse yet, i have no good excuse…:thumbsup:

I try to go at least once a month.

For those who have not gone in a while, here is a beautiful devotion that may inspire you to go to reconciliation. The first Friday devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the First Sat devotion to the Immaculate Herat of Mary is coming up.

Reconciliation is a beautiful start in observing these devotions.

[quote=jrabs]For those who have not gone in a while, here is a beautiful devotion that may inspire you to go to reconciliation. The first Friday devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the First Sat devotion to the Immaculate Herat of Mary is coming up.

Reconciliation is a beautiful start in observing these devotions.
[/quote]

Great thought – but reconciliation is an ESSENTIAL part of these devotions if you plan to do them by the book. :yup:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m overdue.

I went this past Saturday. I’m aiming for once a month.

[quote=mercygate]Great thought – but reconciliation is an ESSENTIAL part of these devotions if you plan to do them by the book. :yup:

Thanks for the reminder. I’m overdue.
[/quote]

Yes indeed - good point.

I had a priest tell me that I don’t really have to go to confession every week if I haven’t done anything mortal. Once a month suffices.

I am thankful that my confessor has advised me to come once a week to confession.

=)
Fiz

[quote=Fox]I had a priest tell me that I don’t really have to go to confession every week if I haven’t done anything mortal. Once a month suffices.
[/quote]

…no, you don’t (HAVE) to go but once a year or if your are harboring a “Mortal Sin”, but i think going once a week is a good habit … i wish i had that kind of fortitude…

…i applaud your committment:thumbsup:

[quote=Fox]I had a priest tell me that I don’t really have to go to confession every week if I haven’t done anything mortal. Once a month suffices.
[/quote]

My understanding is that the sacrament of penance is there NOT ONLY as a way to restore sanctifying grace - but to strengthen us against our own concupisence (sp).
I find that the harder I try to lead a holy life, the greater I see the need for frequent (weekly) confession. Even if I don’t have a grave sin on my soul.

AMEN to that. I agree completely. Maybe I am being scrupulous but I don’t think so. I actually going now and love the peace I feel.

Maybe the priest was just tired off seeing me every week and told me this.

I go every week without fail, whether in mortal sin or not! This Sacrament helps me grow spiritually, and I am so thankful for it–it has changed my life!

My goal is every 2 weeks, I am almost always there about every 2-3 weeks.

Last time was a little over a week ago.

I went today!!! I try to go every week or every other week.

I last went to Confession 3 weeks ago.

Lets stop using “reconsiliation” it sounds like a Communist word.

WHile it is true if you have not committed any mortal sins, you do not need Sanctifying Grace restored upon you…however, confession is the greatest tool against the devil, therefore if you go frequently, you are able to remain in the most holiest state at all times and be less likely to fall into mortal sin…My priest and the KofC’s have encouraged partaking frequently in both the sacraments of reconciliation and Holy Eucharist…and I try to take part in both as much as possible…Your priest gave you some bad advice…doesn’t mean he is a bad priest…but it is ok for you to go even daily if you would so please.

[/quote]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.