When does your Parish Have Confessions.

I am wondering when does your parish have regularly scheduled Sacrament of Reconciliations?

The parish I was at only had it Saturdays before the Vigil Mass, but the parish that I belong to now also has it on Mondays after each of the Novena (St Ann) Service which is five different times during the day.

PF

Reconciliation - Saturday 5:15 p.m. or Anytime by appointment

Every Saturday before the vigil Mass.

Every weekday after every daily Mass…so after the 6:30 am, 8:10am, and 7 pm Masses. :slight_smile:

1/2 hour before every Mass which is
Saturday** 6 AM 9 AM 4:30 PM**
Sunday 7:30 AM 9:30 AM 11:30 AM 1:30 PM 6:30 PM 8:30 PM
Weekdays 6:00 AM 9:00 AM 12:00 PM
** an additional 7 PM Mass on Tues and Thurs**

And Saturday from** 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM**

Also by appointment

Saturday: 2:45pm - 3:45pm and after 4:00pm Mass

Monday – Friday: after 11:00am Mass

The priest also hears confession before and after the Tridentine Mass at 12:30 on Sundays.

[quote=rayne89]1/2 hour before every Mass which is
Saturday** 6 AM 9 AM 4:30 PM**
Sunday 7:30 AM 9:30 AM 11:30 AM 1:30 PM 6:30 PM 8:30 PM
Weekdays 6:00 AM 9:00 AM 12:00 PM
** an additional 7 PM Mass on Tues and Thurs**

And Saturday from** 10:00 AM - 12:30 PM**

Also by appointment
[/quote]

That is awesome! So many opportunities for Confession (and Mass)!
Confession at 5:30 AM: what a great way to start the day

:frowning: The parish I just left had confession by appointment only. Previously is was for one hour one Saturday a month. It was whittled down to appointment only. Good luck getting an appointment.

It was at a penance service for young people who would soon receive the the Sacrament of Confirmation in which the priest asked us to turn to each other - confess our sins and forgive each other.:bigyikes: The priest left promptly have the communal service. There were no private confessions that day.

Yep, I left that parish shortly after a one on one with the priest. He didn’t believe in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. :confused:

Diocese of Rochester, NY

During Wednesday Adoration Services.
Saturday AM.
And By Appointment.

Of course, I think in our parish if you needed to you would be welcome to just walk in to talk to the priest if you feel you couldn’t wait another minute :slight_smile:

I belong to two parishes.

Parish !:

Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday afternoons for 45 minutes or so before 5:15 pm Mass, plus additional in Lent, Advent, Holy Week, and by appointment

Parish 2:

Monday-Friday 11:30-12:05 and 4:45-5:30, Saturdays 11:30-12:05 and 3:00-5:00, additional hours in Lent and Holy Week, communal penance service (with individual confession) 4x annually, and by very-easy-to-get appointment

Downtown parishes always have more generous confession times!

karen marie

The first Saturday of the month.

At my “home” parish it’s Wednesday nights.

We are on assignment in VZ and there are confessions for an hour before each Mass, (that’s five on Sunday, one each day M-Sat.) and all day (9am - 6pm) on Thursdays. This is with one priest who serves two parishes. I don’t know how he does it. :thumbsup:

We are very fortunate at our parish. we have scheduled confessions before every Mass, 2 on weekdays, Saturday morning, 4 on Sunday. In addition from 4:00–5:00 on Saturday afternoon, and course anytime by appointment.

No excuse for anyone not to be able to make it to confession at my parish!!

:gopray: We are very fortunate at our parish. we have scheduled confessions before every Mass, 2 masses on weekdays, one on Saturday morning, 4 masses on Sunday. In addition from 4:00–5:00 on Saturday afternoon, and of course anytime by appointment.

No excuse for anyone not to be able to make it to confession at my parish!!

3:3:-5:00 on Saturday (two priests present during whole time)

After 7:00 mass on Wed and Friday, and by appointment.

My Parish: 4:30-5:15 On Saturday

University Parish (My second home): 6:30-Whenever Thursdays

We have it **after **the 2nd Saturday Vigil Mass (5:30) !?!

I can’t tell you how inconvenient this is (trying to figure out when Mass ends). Thankfully there are always appointments!

[quote=atsheeran]That is awesome! So many opportunities for Confession (and Mass)!
Confession at 5:30 AM: what a great way to start the day
[/quote]

Monday through Friday 8:00 - 4:30 and 1/2 hour before every Mass
(and we have 22 weekend Masses and about that same number of weekday Masses).

John

Monday through Friday 8:30 - 12:00 and 1:30 - 4:30.
1/2 hour before any of the 22 weekend and 20 weekday Masses.

John

[quote=Binney]:frowning: The parish I just left had confession by appointment only. Previously is was for one hour one Saturday a month. It was whittled down to appointment only. Good luck getting an appointment.

It was at a penance service for young people who would soon receive the the Sacrament of Confirmation in which the priest asked us to turn to each other - confess our sins and forgive each other.:bigyikes: The priest left promptly have the communal service. There were no private confessions that day.

Yep, I left that parish shortly after a one on one with the priest. He didn’t believe in the Sacrament of Reconciliation. :confused:

Diocese of Rochester, NY
[/quote]

I also live in the Diocese of Rochester and I share your frustration. The pastor who actively discouraged people from private confession is gone now (we actually do not have a pastor now). Confessions are scheduled from 3:30 to 3:45 on Saturdays. 15 minutes! Several times I have planned to go and just not made it in time.
Another frustration is that the priest often does not use the normal formula for confession and he doesn’t ask me to say an act of contrition.

My Parish has confession before ALL MASSES:
Saturday- 12:10 p.m.
Sunday- 8:00 a.m.Tridentine, 10:00, 12:00 and 2:00 Spanish
Monday thru Friday- 7:30 a.m. and 12:10 p.m.
The Angelus is said before the 12:10 p.m. Masses
The Rosary is said after the 7:30 a.m. Mass

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.