When God makes a promise to his creations

when God makes a promise to his creations, are we destined by God to act in certain ways to see the promise fulfilled in future?

Let’s assume that God made a promise to me, saying “you will obtain everything that you ask of me”(God never made such promise to me, but I am just trying to come up with an example).
Now, I can use my free will to ask God for something impossible (such as “God, I want you to sin”). But God foresees every future event, even those events that are to take place through the free action of his creatures. So if God foresaw that I will be asking impossible things to him, he wouldn’t have made the promise to start with since he must know that the promise won’t get fulfilled (Catechism teaches that God’s promise always comes true). So the very fact that God made the promise is telling me that God foresaw that I won’t be asking him for something impossible.
God may inspire me to not to ask impossible things and I may use my free will to follow that inspiration.

so again, I ask, when God makes a promise to his creations, are we destined by God to act in certain ways to see the promise fulfilled in future (destined NOT in a sense that we won’t have our free will whatsoever, but in a sense that we will be behaving in a way to realize that God’s promise is fulfilled)?

Thank you,

That is what Pre-destination is. God has adequated his plans to your free will because he knows the use you would give your Free Will so his promise is based on your own Free Will, Not on a mandatory destiny.
I believe your question was rhetorical. I love to meditate such things. One can do so for hours and days and months and years.

God has very much made that promise to you, and to all of us:

John 15:7 - If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you will, and it shall be done for you.

Peace and all Good!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.