When going to confession should we confess all of our known sins or just the "most serious ones"?

I went to confession and in the middle of saying my sins the priest interupted me and told me to just confess the “most serious sins”. I was shocked. I had spent time examining my conscience and wanted to confess all the sins I could think of. I complied and I was absolved but I didn’t feel like the sacrament was complete. Is it okay to just confess the “serious sins”?

These links should explain the essentials of your question about confession. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by these links, please contact Catholic Answers directly.**
**Recommended Reading:

[LIST]
*]Why is it important that I confess the number of times I have committed a sin?
*]Can you help guide my conscience regarding confession?
*]The Little Catechism on Confession is a good resource for preparing for confession.
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.