When it rains, it pours

First my dental pain, now this:

I had no problems with my eyes yesterday, but today my left eye is not able to focus. I had been using an old pair of reading glasses and then tried to put my contacts in and the right eye was fine, but the left eye is not really seeing properly.

I called my eye doctor back in my home town. He suspected it was eye strain, given my description, told me to take it easy on my eyes today, and if it was not better tomorrow to go to an eye doctor. I have prayed to God and asked for the intercession of St. Lucy. But please pray for me if you can, I hope I am not being a pain to anyone. Certainly my problems are nothing compared to other people’s, but my goodness I have really had quite a week…

Thank you and God bless,

William

Pray for your intentions.

God bless

Praying for you.

William, I ask Jesus to be with you to help you with all you are dealing with at present. I ask Him to make His presence felt with love and reassurance. I ask him to grant your prayers.

Bless you, Trishie

Praying for you to St. Lucy.
grandma glor

William, you are most certainly not being a pain. Sacred Scripture commands us to pray for each other, probably in more places than I can even hope to find. I’m reminded in particular of James’ exhortation to pray for each other:

*"Is any of you sad? Let him pray. Is he cheerful in mind? Let him sing. Is any man sick among you? Let him bring in the priests of the church, and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord. And the prayer of faith shall save the sick man: and the Lord shall raise him up: and if he be in sins, they shall be forgiven him. *Confess therefore your sins one to another: and pray one for another, that you may be saved. For the continual prayer of a just man availeth much."

So, prayers for you :smiley:

William, I will pray the Rosary tonight for you and ask the Blessed Mother to forward all our prayers to her Beloved Son, Jesus Christ.

Please also know that you are not “being a pain.”

God Bless You.:gopray2: :hug3: :amen:

+JMJTJ+

Dret, you will be in my prayers for the prompt and benign resolution of your eye problem.
May Christ be your Presence and peace.

Eternal God, in whom mercy is endless and the treasury of compassion inexhaustible, look kindly upon us, and increase Your mercy in us, so that in difficult moments we might not despair, nor become despondent, but with great confidence, submit ourselves to Your Holy Will, which is Love and Mercy itself. Amen

Hail Mary full of grace
the Lord is with thee
Blessed art thou among women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus
Holy Mary mother of God
Pray for us sinners now and
at the hour of our death.
Amen

Dear All:

Thank you so much for all of your prayers. How wonderful to have perfect strangers praying for you when you are ill and worried! I am remembering all of you in my prayers.

It turns out that do to the stress, sleeplessness, and resulting eye strain I had last week because of that nerve root impingement in my tooth, while iI was waiting for ti to be fixed, I ended up scratching my corneas. The ophthalmologist says it will take a few days to clear, I just have to be careful and use eyedrops, etc. I am going back tomorrow morning to see how I’m progressing. Hopefully this will just take a few days and I can finally start getting back to work properly.

Thank you all and not only for not thinking I am a pain. The last week or so has really been a profound change for me. I think a lot is starting to shift and change in my life for the better, in terms of my relationship with God in particular. I’m really cultivating the relationship I’ve started to develop and God willing it can grow and continue to do so.

Thank you all, I am remembering all of you in my prayers this evening especially, but always.

+JMJTJ+

Thank God for the good news!

I will keep you in prayer for your spiritual journey.

That’s great news. My prayers are with you.

Thank you both! Things are getting better, but am hopeful that my renewed spirituality wiill stay, that my trust in Our Lord will continue to grow, deepen, and mature.

Prayers promised

Praying!

Thanks very much to you both!

Dear All -

If you can, please continue to keep my eye health in your prayers. Today was supposed to be the day I could put my contacts back in, but I still could not see properly even after having done so. The doctor will not be back until Monday so the nurses told me to just take out my contacts and wear my old glasses for awhile. I’m praying this is just a temporary glitch and I can go back to normal soon.

God bless you and thank you for your prayers!

From today’s Liturgy of the Hours:

Prayers and Intercessions

Blessed be God our Father, who protects his children and does not spurn their prayers. Let us all humbly pray to him:

• Lord, give us light to see by.

We thank you, Lord, for sending us your only Son to enlighten us:
may his light fill us all day long.
Lord, send your wisdom to lead us through the day:
let us walk in the purity of a new life.
Give us the strength to endure adversity for your sake:
with courage let us serve you unceasingly.
Guide our thoughts, our feelings and our actions today,
so that we may serve you and follow you.

Our Father, who art in Heaven,
hallowed be thy name.
Thy kingdom come,
thy will be done on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses
as we forgive those that trespass against us,
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

We pray to you, Lord, the true Light and the creator of light.
May we keep our minds on what is holy
and live always in the brightness of your presence.

Through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you in the unity of the Holy Spirit,
God for ever and ever.
Amen

Continuing in prayer for you

Thank you both so much! I am sincerely grateful for prayers, it really does help strengthen you in hope and trust of God. Thank you!!!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.