When Jesus/God died..

When Jesus died it was recorded he said " Father, why have you forsaken me?"
If Jesus was God why would he say that? If he was God he would have known “heaven” was empty and unattended because he was in human form. :o

I’ll pretend you’re actually being serious for a second, and not a Muslim who is just here to provoke.

First of all, heaven was NOT empty so you’re completely wrong about that. I still don’t know what that has to do with your first question, though…

I have no religion thank very much. If God was in Jesus , heaven was empty; right.
I am here looking for answers to my questions.

You realize Jesus is not the Father, right?

Yes

No

When she claimed “heaven was empty” I think she means, including God the Father. Not just in terms of humans.

Yes Jesus is God.

As for heaven being empty? I have to say NO Heaven was not empty…

For starters Angels were/are in Heaven…

Second God is not bound to human limitations… He can be everywhere at once :slight_smile:

I was ONLY talking about GOD being gone from heaven.

How do you know what he can do?

That’s what I mean, God was not gone from heaven as the Father is always there.

Read Psalm 22, that is what Jesus is quoting from the cross…

it starts

For the leader; according to “The deer of the dawn.” A psalm of David. 2 My God, my God, why have you abandoned me? Why so far from my call for help, from my cries of anguish? 3 My God, I call by day, but you do not answer; by night, but I have no relief. 4 Yet you are enthroned as the Holy One; you are the glory of Israel. 5 In you our ancestors trusted; they trusted and you rescued them. 6 To you they cried out and they escaped; in you they trusted and were not disappointed.
7 But I am a worm, hardly human, scorned by everyone, despised by the people. 8 All who see me mock me; they curl their lips and jeer; they shake their heads at me: 9 “You relied on the LORD–let him deliver you; if he loves you, let him rescue you.” 10 Yet you drew me forth from the womb, made me safe at my mother’s breast. 11 Upon you I was thrust from the womb; since birth you are my God. 12 Do not stay far from me, for trouble is near, and there is no one to help.

and ends with a proclamation of praise for the love and glory of God…

Then I will proclaim your name to the assembly; in the community I will praise you: 24 “You who fear the LORD, give praise! All descendants of Jacob, give honor; show reverence, all descendants of Israel! 25 For God has not spurned or disdained the misery of this poor wretch, Did not turn away from me, but heard me when I cried out. 26 I will offer praise in the great assembly; my vows I will fulfill before those who fear him. 27 The poor will eat their fill; those who seek the LORD will offer praise. May your hearts enjoy life forever!” 28 All the ends of the earth will worship and turn to the LORD; All the families of nations will bow low before you. 29 For kingship belongs to the LORD, the ruler over the nations. 30 All who sleep in the earth will bow low before God; All who have gone down into the dust will kneel in homage. 31 And I will live for the LORD; my descendants will serve you. 32 The generation to come will be told of the Lord, that they may proclaim to a people yet unborn the deliverance you have brought.

Jesus will be preaching to those already ‘asleep’ who will bow down…he dies [and thus delivers us - salvation] for those of us not yet born…

How do you know that He can’t be in Heaven and on Earth at the same time?

It takes FAITH to believe that God is Omnipresent!

God, by definition, would be all-powerful.

That would be His omnipotence - he can do anything.

God is:
[LIST]
*]Omnipotence - he can do anything.
*]Omniscience - he knows everything.
*]Omnipresence - he is everywhere.
[/LIST].

Ohhh I see, since he was on the cross dying he wasn’t in heaven… okay lol

Still confused :confused:
Here is a question…

Should a person except something they dont understand or except something that is easier to understand?

Example; if I dont pic a organized religion because they all seem too complicated and just stay as I am as believing in God but not mans religion or pick something that makes no sense and will never to me and will keep me struggling all my life?

Now you are :confused: me.
I thought Jesus was God so Jesus was the Father?

That would be the definition of faith.

You shouldn’t ever believe in mans religion, but Gods religion.

I have found that a better way of stating omnipotence seems to be “all powerful” rather than “can do anything”… here’s why. A lot of people put self-contradiction under “anything” and then fall into the logical abyss of wondering “if God can do anything, why can’t he limit his power?” An example is the question a lot of poorly instructed atheists love to pose: “Can God create a stone so heavy he cannot lift it?”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.