When love comes, there will be no more religion

When love comes, there will be no more religion

«It is when one has no more love that laws and rules are needed; and even at this moment, laws and rules do not serve in much. As long as there is no love, there will be religions which will never be able to bring the human beings towards God. But when love will come, there will be no more religion. Religion will become internal and will show itself under shape of kindness, brilliance, sacrifice, sweetness and light. It is when love left the humanity that religion has come to compensate for it. But when love will come, religion will fade because it will have entered again the heart of the man.»

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov

[quote=SolveEtCoagula]When love comes, there will be no more religion

«It is when one has no more love that laws and rules are needed; and even at this moment, laws and rules do not serve in much. As long as there is no love, there will be religions which will never be able to bring the human beings towards God. But when love will come, there will be no more religion. Religion will become internal and will show itself under shape of kindness, brilliance, sacrifice, sweetness and light. It is when love left the humanity that religion has come to compensate for it. But when love will come, religion will fade because it will have entered again the heart of the man.»

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
[/quote]

Nonsense. This statement presumes that all religions are man-made. But the true religion of God consists of much more. It lays the foundation for being able to connect with God. It consists of the rituals and ceremonies that God himself wants us to observe. Even in heaven, according to the book of revelations, there is a ceremonial and liturgical way the angels and the saints relate to God.

It is more likely that love and religion will be pure and perfected together, rather than one or the other.

Thal59

Didn’t Jesus state something to the effect: " if you love me you will keep my commandments." ? If a commandment is not a law, then what is it?

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
[/quote]

As said above this assumes that all religions are man made. It assumes there is no God. The center becomes some fluffy love that has nothing to do with real love and completely excludes God.

guess the post-eater ate my reply from yesterday…

I had commented that the fullness of Love is a clear and full relationship with God.

Religion, from the Greek, means a relationship.

So this thread implies that once love is complete, then the relationship (religion) with God, who is the consumate Love, would cease.

Once you have love, you don’t have love. Yeh, right:hmmm:

No rules…just Love…it sounds so sixtys-ish…And the 1960’s led to mass drug use…abortion (Not very loving)…virtual chaos…

No…God shows me how to Love…and because of my fallen human nature, I will always need to be shown…

Just say No to Hippy Doctrine!

ReLegion (Latin. religio) 1.a. Belief in and reverence for a supernatural power accepted as the creator and governor of the universe. b. A specific unified expression of this system. 2. The spiritual or emotional attitude of one who recognizes the existence of a superhuman power or powers. (Riverside Webster’s II, New College Dictionary).

I hope religion never ceases to exist. If so, that would mean all of us become atheists. :mad:

«It is when one has no more love that laws and rules are needed; and even at this moment, laws and rules do not serve in much. As long as there is no love, there will be religions which will never be able to bring the human beings towards God. But when love will come, there will be no more religion. Religion will become internal and will* show itself under shape of kindness, brilliance, sacrifice, sweetness and light.** It is when love left the humanity that religion has come to compensate for it. But when love will come, religion will fade because it will have entered again the heart of the man.*»

Omraam Mikhael Aivanhov
[/quote]

Don’t forget; God is Love, he who does not abide in Love, abides in death.

this other stuff you posted appears to be the flesh,
or a spirit posing as an angel of light.

it despises Authority
as described in 2 Peter 2: 10

True Love REJOICES with the TRUTH.

Actually what this quote says, a good Catholic can find agreement with - at least in part.

It seems that O.M.A. has reduced religion to a moral code. If that is his understanding he is correct.

As our love grows to perfection, the idea of uttering a “God damn” in casual speech would seem about as remote as the idea of committing murder seems to many of us now.

Think about Mary, and not having original sin. The thought of her saying “no” to the Angel Gabriel would probably seem as horrific to her as running out with a chainsaw and cutting up a dozen innocent victims seems to us. She didn’t need rules - her life was a constant “yes” to God.

We would have to ask O.M.A. if when love is here, will we still have mass, and worship? Will we still glorify God?

In some respects I think life is like having an entire world to live on. But in the very middle, there is a fence that encompasses a 1 acre swamp. We are told not to cross that fence. Then, in our stupidity we pace back and forth along the fence, cursing it because it “confines” us. When all we’d have to do is turn around and walk away from it and we find that in reality those inside the fence are the ones trapped.

[/quote]

Love Incarnate has already come to Man in the person of Jesus.

He was, is, and always shall be: God-- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.

[quote=Black Jaque]Actually what this quote says, a good Catholic can find agreement with - at least in part.

It seems that O.M.A. has reduced religion to a moral code. If that is his understanding he is correct.

As our love grows to perfection, the idea of uttering a “God damn” in casual speech would seem about as remote as the idea of committing murder seems to many of us now.

Think about Mary, and not having original sin. The thought of her saying “no” to the Angel Gabriel would probably seem as horrific to her as running out with a chainsaw and cutting up a dozen innocent victims seems to us. She didn’t need rules - her life was a constant “yes” to God.

We would have to ask O.M.A. if when love is here, will we still have mass, and worship? Will we still glorify God?

In some respects I think life is like having an entire world to live on. But in the very middle, there is a fence that encompasses a 1 acre swamp. We are told not to cross that fence. Then, in our stupidity we pace back and forth along the fence, cursing it because it “confines” us. When all we’d have to do is turn around and walk away from it and we find that in reality those inside the fence are the ones trapped.
[/quote]

I tend to think you’re on to what he’s really saying here.

Religion, in its commonly understood form rather than the dictionary definition, is an institution that seems largely to function as a rule-making body that tells us how to get God to love us. As St Paul makes very clear though, we are not saved by the Law–thus I think the author’s contention that rules don’t serve much. In the absence of love, the only thing to keep us acting halfway morally is regulation in some form.

Our true goal in life however is to come to perfect love of God, which we understand to come to its fruition in Purgatory where our lack of perfect love will be brought to an end. It is in coming to that perfect love that we come totally into the presence of God, known to us as Heaven.

In Heaven, in the presence of perfect love, there will be no “religion” per se as it won’t be needed. If we understand God as Love itself, then the closer we come to perfect love, the less we need external controls or guidance. When the Divine Indwelling is perfectly expressed, there is no further need for guidance from Man, i.e. “religion”.

We know though that that perfection will not come before Jesus returns so religion in some form will be necessary while we are in this earthly life.

While not very well expressed perhaps, that’s my two cents worth. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.