When Mary gave birth to Jesus did she do so without pain?

I am in the process of becoming Catholic and am just learning about some to the doctines of Mary and have a question about her Imaculate Conception and the birth of Jesus.

I started wondering about this while I was praying the Joyful Mysteries today. If Mary was concieved without original sin does that mean that when she gave birth to Jesus that she did so without pain? Wasn’t that part of the punishment of Eve and her decendents who have fallen from grace? So would Mary having been imaculately conceived herself and declared full of grace been spared that?

I am just trying to think these new concepts through so that I can accuately pass them on to my family when they ask.

This link should explain the Catholic Church’s understanding of the effects of Mary’s Immaculate Conception on her labor and delivery. If you have any further questions or concerns that are not answered by this link, please contact Catholic Answers directly.
Recommended Reading:
[LIST]
*]
Did Mary suffer labor pains?**
[/LIST]

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.