When men are said or named to be animals?

I am praying and begging ror help.

I would like a list of time when the Holy Bible says people are animals.

One example is Herod that fox.

Another example: Jesus tells Peter to feed His sheep.

I am praying for a list: Any help?

God bless all of those that have answered my simple questions in the past. They are simple for those of you that have answered, but most difficult fo me.

Where did you get the idea that the Bible says people are animals? It most certainly does not. Those examples you have cited are merely metaphors and are not to be taken in the literal sense. Herod is not an actual fox and we are not actual sheep.

Let me give you an example: if a grown adult is constantly whining and crying about something, people will say “he/she is a big baby.” Now is that person really a baby? Of course not, but the person is acting like a baby does when it doesn’t get it’s way. The use of a metaphor conveys an idea, but is not the reality. Herod was sly and cunning, as foxes are reputed to be, and that is the idea that Jesus was trying to get across, but Herod was not a fox, he was a human being. Jesus did not say that Herod was an animal, he was pointing out that Herod was sly and cunning.

So what you are really looking for is the times that Scripture uses animal metaphors to describe the qualities or behavior of human beings, not when Scripture says people are animals. Because it never does.

CB Catholic

I do agree with you.

I apologize if my question is incorrect, and I really mean both–apology and incorrect.

However, there are times, I thought, when people are said to be a fox, like Herod.

Also, Jesus is our Shepherd and we are His sheep.

I know that a figure of speech must be moved or translated to the literal.

These figures are dark to most of us, example, the tree of life. A literal tree is being described, but the statement is still a figure. There is a literal tree, but most of us have not been taught what the literal of this figure is. What is the literal of its fruit?

However, I am still looking for times when the Holy Bible says a person is an animal.

The Devil is described as a snake, dragon, sea monster and red dragon, I think. Then the next question(s), what is the literal meaning of these figures?

I think I recall Jacob’s blessing and Jacob said that several of his children were animals. Please know, I know that these are figures.

What my next set of questions deal with–what does the literal mean? Or, what is the literal meaning?

My next set of questions, do these animal names correspond with Genesis 1-3?

I want to thank you for your helpful concern, thank you.

I hope and pray that my ideas, whether correct, incorrect or abosultely silly, are a little clearer.

Again, thanks!

Don’t forget Jesus called the Pharisees “You serpents, generation of vipers”

The most quoted saying is “wolves in sheep clothing” - twinc

Judah = lion
Issachar = rawboned ***
Dan = serpent, and horned viper
Naphtali = deer
Joseph = wild colt, wild ***
Benjamin = ravenous wolf

Genesis chapter 49

I want to thank all of your wonderful help thus far.

THANKS!

I will keep watching!

Thanks!

Jim,

I’m curious as to why you want such information. What do you intend to use it for?

thistle

Why do you use such a name?

Here is my answer:

I apologize if my question is incorrect, and I really mean both–apology and incorrect.

However, there are times, I thought, when people are said to be a fox, like Herod.

Also, Jesus is our Shepherd and we are His sheep.

I know that a figure of speech must be moved or translated to the literal.

These figures are dark to most of us, example, the tree of life. A literal tree is being described, but the statement is still a figure. There is a literal tree, but most of us have not been taught what the literal of this figure is. What is the literal of its fruit?

However, I am still looking for times when the Holy Bible says a person is an animal.

The Devil is described as a snake, dragon, sea monster and red dragon, I think. Then the next question(s), what is the literal meaning of these figures?

I think I recall Jacob’s blessing and Jacob said that several of his children were animals. Please know, I know that these are figures.

What my next set of questions deal with–what does the literal mean? Or, what is the literal meaning?

My next set of questions, do these animal names correspond with Genesis 1-3?

I want to thank you for your helpful concern, thank you.

I hope and pray that my ideas, whether correct, incorrect or abosultely silly, are a little clearer.

Again, thanks!

I am from Scotland and the thistle is the national flower.
Believe it or not my real name is Jim.

[FONT=Bookman Old Style]Thistle

Does the word thistle describe the same reality in Scotland as it does in the United States of America?

thistle; any numerous weedy plants, chiefly of the genera “Cirsium, Carduus,” having prickly leaves and usually purplish flower surrounded by prickly bracts.

To answer your questions a little more:

Oh, I really believe that Genesis 1-3 is historical, but it is not in its literal state. I believe that it must be moved from the figures and then the literal will be understood. I do not know it that makes sense, and I mean that. I do not know if others understand my clumsy ideas and even more clumsy statements.

I believe that the other parts of the Bible will explain Genesis 1-3. I use the terms “intra-egesis” to describe for myself what I mean.

One example: I think that morning on each day means, when we love that part of the creation with God’s love–it is then morning or daylight.

The Tree of Life is God’s love planted in the center of Adam and Eve’s soul. Love gives eternal life. The one tree of knowledge is placed in the center of our soul, too. That one tree of knowledge is good when it follows the Tree of Life discipleship. It will be evil if it turns away from the Tree of Life.

One more: how did God create? God created by, in, through and with love. That is also the why.

In my judgment, these accounts of creation have are not about physical science. These account deal with the spiritual and physical creation, but not in a scientific manner.

I believe that words like fox, lambs, and goats are divinely chosen symbols. They symbolize certain human qualities. That is what I had hoped to see with the list of animals.

Also, when we love the animals on the different days of creation with the love from the Tree of Life, all is still good.

[/FONT]

An animals name thats interesting is the description a ‘wildass of a man’. Who is it talking about?

Help!

Are there other times in the Holy Bible where people are implied to be animals?

Example of this is in Psalm 23, the Lord is my Shepherd.

Another example, I think it is in Jeremiah: I will send hunters and fishermen to find you.

I know that to some this thread sounds crazy and for that I apologize.

Thanks!

Any further help?

Any help?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.