When one is taking final vows, do we send money or?

A very sweet lady who was at our church a few years ago is now taking her final vows. We have been invited to attend a luncheon in her honor, but it's in another state and we can't attend. I would like to send a card and was wondering if I should send money. I have no idea on this. Can anyone help or offer suggestions? Thanks and God bless you.

depending on her order she may not be allowed to keep gifts of money for her personal use (or in some cases, any gift), is there any family you could ask? Some of my nun friends have suggested gift cards which can be used for personal care items, or for household items that benefit the entire community.

[quote="puzzleannie, post:2, topic:234465"]
depending on her order she may not be allowed to keep gifts of money for her personal use (or in some cases, any gift), is there any family you could ask? Some of my nun friends have suggested gift cards which can be used for personal care items, or for household items that benefit the entire community.

[/quote]

You could also give a donation directly to the order in honor of the occasion.

Great ideas–thanks much! :slight_smile:

She will be joining the Poor Clares order.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.