When should I kneel at mass?

Please tell me exactly when I am supposed to kneel? I know it has something do to with the consecration but I’m not sure exactly when it begins. What does the priest say that should be my “cue”? When do I stand up again?

I attend mass at the Newman Center, where there are no kneelers and no one kneels. I live in the USA, in case that helps. Also I am converting and still learning these things.

Thanks & God bless,
Lily628

The General Instruction of the Roman Missal (GIRM) instructs, “In the dioceses of the United States of America, [the faithful] should kneel beginning after the singing or recitation of the Sanctus until after the Amen of the Eucharistic Prayer” (GIRM 43).

The Sanctus, sung or recited by everyone, is the acclamation, “Holy, holy, holy Lord, God of power and might, heaven and earth are full of your glory. Hosanna in the highest. Blessed is he who comes in the name of the Lord. Hosanna in the highest.”

The Amen of the Eucharistic Prayer comes after the celebrant lifts the chalice and the paten with the host and sings or says, “Through him, with him, in him, in the unity of the Holy Spirit, all glory and honor is yours, almighty Father, forever and ever”.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.