When to jump ship with the Catholic Church

La Salette, France

The Vicar of my Son will suffer a great deal, because for a while the Church will yield to large persecution, a time of darkness, and the Church will witness a frightful crisis…Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist.

So, when do we leave? And how do we know when to leave?

In Christ.

Andre.

[quote=Magicsilence]La Salette, France

The Vicar of my Son will suffer a great deal, because for a while the Church will yield to large persecution, a time of darkness, and the Church will witness a frightful crisis…Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist.

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

Hi, Magicsilence.

In your extract from the LaSalette prophecy (which I believe to be valid), the Vicar seems to be portrayed as remaining faithful.

Why abandon his side?

I Will Not Jump Ship: Do They Want To Atack The Church…bring It On, I Am Right Here!

[quote=Magicsilence]…Rome will lose the faith and become the seat of the Antichrist.
[/quote]

Rome is not THE Church, but only the headquarters. Will the pope be there still? How about all the faithful through out the world?

We don’t leave, we remain with those of FAITH. :thumbsup:

Kotton

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

You should really provide more info on this. La Salette is a town in France, not a person.

Also read your quote a little closer. It says “Rome”. This doesn’t say the “Vatican”, nor does it say the “Papacy”. The last line of your quote in no way refers to the Catholic Church. Witnessing a frightful crisis, does not mean one becomes an Antichrist.

Speaking of Rome…how is the faith over there these days??? does anyone know??

well, when it is time, you won’t know it on the basis of some private revelation, so don’t get out the lifeboats just yet.

[quote=Chipper]You should really provide more info on this. La Salette is a town in France, not a person.

Also read your quote a little closer. It says “Rome”. This doesn’t say the “Vatican”, nor does it say the “Papacy”. The last line of your quote in no way refers to the Catholic Church. Witnessing a frightful crisis, does not mean one becomes an Antichrist.
[/quote]

I know La Salette is a town.

But Our Lady doesnt mean that people in Rome will lose faith. She is of course referring to the clergy, isnt she?

This has got me really confused.

[quote=Magicsilence]I know La Salette is a town.

But Our Lady doesnt mean that people in Rome will lose faith. She is of course referring to the clergy, isnt she?

[/quote]

Personally I would doubt that the antichrist is a referecence to the clergy. Also if you are referring to the Apparition of the Virgin Mary at La Salette, then I believe the authenticity of that apparition is in dispute.

The way I see it there is a city called Rome. And there is a Church called the Catholic Church. If a city becomes evil, does it follow that the Church becomes evil?

In the past the so called City of Rome has tried to overthrough the Papacy. So the two are not necessarily one and the same.

After all we are members of the Catholic Church, we are not citizens of Rome.

Could you provide a link to the full passage that you are quoting?

[/quote]

YOU ARE PETER AND UPON THIS ROCK I WILL STABLISH MY CHURCH, THE POWERS OF HELL WILL NOT PREVAIL AGAINST HER.

SO, IS JESUS NOT SPEAKING THE TRUTH??? I THINK NOT.

[quote=Chipper]Personally I would doubt that the antichrist is a referecence to the clergy. Also if you are referring to the Apparition of the Virgin Mary at La Salette, then I believe the authenticity of that apparition is in dispute.

The way I see it there is a city called Rome. And there is a Church called the Catholic Church. If a city becomes evil, does it follow that the Church becomes evil?

In the past the so called City of Rome has tried to overthrough the Papacy. So the two are not necessarily one and the same.

After all we are members of the Catholic Church, we are not citizens of Rome.

Could you provide a link to the full passage that you are quoting?
[/quote]

CHECK THIS OUT:
apparitions.org/lasalette.html

In Christ.

Andre.
[/quote]

Just 1 question: you will jump ship…WHERE??? leave the RCC for what other church… i supose 1 without Christ???

[/quote]

Here is a link to this websites commentary about this prophecy.

catholic.com/thisrock/2000/0001chap.asp

Wow, thanks guys, sorry i was a little hasty.

I see now.

Just keep going to Mass, daily if possible. Pray ALL THE TIME, rosaries if possible. Do enough spiritual reading so we can answer questions from others if possible. Confession as often as we feel the need. Just keep coming. Don’t give up no matter what.

[quote=miguel delgado]Just 1 question: you will jump ship…WHERE??? leave the RCC for what other church… i supose 1 without Christ???
[/quote]

This is quite a presumptuous and proud statement, as Christ Himself said that “where two or three are gathered in My Name, there I am.” Are you denying that other Christians have Christ?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.