When will the world end?

some times i feel selfish because i feel lonely and depresed, and i cry out in anger when is jesus coming home! mabey i shouldnt wish for the end, and i know that many have to be born before the world is destroyed and replaced by a knew reality for us to live in. plus i have realised that i should be worring about freeing my self from verious sins and addictions. But i still wonder, when is he coming back? :confused:

“No man knows the day or hour”

But, we must be closer to his coming than the apostles.

I understand pain too well.

Jesus will return when the Father wishes him to and not before.

I like the 2nd part of your post, FSH, in which you said you ought to be working on your sins instead of worrying about when Jesus will return. :slight_smile:

After all, you don’t want to face him before you’re ready. Right?

It will end when it ends. Not a second before, not a second later. Hoping or fretting about it is a absolutely futile pursuit.

PF

Dear Free Soul,
We all look forward to the return of our Lord and Savior. That is commendable. You should always be ready. The Lord wants to be with you today. You can do so by asking Him to be with you right now. And to give you the strength to cope today.

I will pray for you to continue to love the Lord until He comes

I have a feeling that if it doesn’t happen within this century, it won’t happen for another millennium or two (or more). But my guess is that I am not the first person in Christian history to have that feeling.

• In about 5.5 billion years, the earth will be engulfed by our sun expanding to a red giant due to a lack of hydrogen fuel needed for its continued nuclear activity

• Due to increased solar activity, the earth will no longer be able to support life in about 800,000,000 years from now.

• You or I could be dead by tomorrow due to a sudden world war, natural disaster or slipping and falling in the shower.

.:. So, does it really matter when the world will end. The important thing is to live each moment as if our Lord is just around the corner so that we can greet Him with happiness as our savior and not fear Him as our judge.

I often yearn for the return of Jesus. I know what you are feeling. It is so hard to wait! At the same time, I’m not eager to die. Isn’t that goofy? It will be the ultimate Day of Glory when our Lord returns. We’ll all get to see it whether in Heaven or Earth. (Do those in Hell get to witness it? huh?) It will be the end of sin and suffering and division.

Come, Lord Jesus!!

freesoul << some times i feel selfish because i feel lonely and depresed, and i cry out in anger when is jesus coming home! >>

September 2011, or was it September 1994 ? Puzzled? :rolleyes:

Phil P

The world end for lots and lots of people every day. Doesn’t the Bible say that we shouldn’t worry about tomorrow, and that tomorrow will take care of itself. We can’t extend our lifetime by one hour by worrying all the time.

I get a lot of peace out of this famous quote:

"Worry never robs tomorrow of its sorrow, it only saps today of its joy. "

[quote=freesoulhope]some times i feel selfish because i feel lonely and depresed, and i cry out in anger when is jesus coming home! mabey i shouldnt wish for the end, and i know that many have to be born before the world is destroyed and replaced by a knew reality for us to live in. plus i have realised that i should be worring about freeing my self from verious sins and addictions. But i still wonder, when is he coming back? :confused:
[/quote]

I have wondered about this too. I often ask the Lord either to come, or to call me home. Not that I am suicidal, but I realize that I would be a lot happier being closer to Him. But just when I am sure the world is so rotten that His coming is the only remedy, I see a bus load of 1st graders pull up and I adore the dozens of beautiful smiling faces as they leave the bus and head for class. If the Lord had come several years ago, none of these angels would exist today. If the Lord comes this year, none of the millions of angels will be born next year.

If the Lord delays, it is out of mercy. Fortunately for the angels, His mercy exceeds our impatience.

Thal59

[quote=freesoulhope]some times i feel selfish because i feel lonely and depresed, and i cry out in anger when is jesus coming home! mabey i shouldnt wish for the end, and i know that many have to be born before the world is destroyed and replaced by a knew reality for us to live in. plus i have realised that i should be worring about freeing my self from verious sins and addictions. But i still wonder, when is he coming back? :confused:
[/quote]

There are days when I, too, feel exiled away from my Lord. But then I remember that Christ is with me, now. If I physically want to be with Him, I can simple go sit before him in the adoration chapel…or better still…receive Him in Eucharist.

Then, too, I realize that I am in no way spiritually dressed for the occasion of Christ returning. I spend my life getting ready. It will likely take the rest of my life to get dressed for this event, but in the eyes of eternity it’s really a very short amount of time I have to get ready. This is why scripture tries to impart a sense of ugency that we be ready. We don’t know the day. I just hope I’m not still in the shower (metaphorically speaking) when that day arrives. :slight_smile:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.