When you were growing up did you wish for...?

I always wanted more more siblings, even though two of my siblings really struggled in their teen years--very painful for the family. I loved watching movies with big families. I loved reading books about big families.

I was one of three. Always wanted a little brother. Given my mom's age and fertility, I probably would've had one if she had followed the Church's teachings.

True ~ I am the total eldest child…but I love it! I once asked my mom if it was hard having so many children, and she replied " It was harder having just three little ones. Why do you think I had more?" :smiley: As for protectiveness, I had a tom-boy of a sister who filled that role…all of the boys in her third grade class were scared stiff of her! :smiley:

I was one of 4 kids. We fought a lot, but had tons of fun, too. I liked being one of the largest families around. I did HATE sharing a room with my little sister, though. I was surrounded by friends with their own rooms, and felt entitled. Oh well. I got over it. :)

I was an only child except for a brief interlude of having a stepbrother for a handful of years. We didn't really get along, butted heads from the beginning and I had to develop kind of a "What's mine is mine and what's yours I'll give you half of" relationship with him. I liked being an only child. I remember going over to friends houses and seeing all their younger siblings running around screaming and their older ones pushing them around and wondered; "How can you stand this, its madness!"

[quote="ConcernedApathy, post:25, topic:182486"]
I was an only child except for a brief interlude of having a stepbrother for a handful of years. We didn't really get along, butted heads from the beginning and I had to develop kind of a "What's mine is mine and what's yours I'll give you half of" relationship with him. I liked being an only child. I remember going over to friends houses and seeing all their younger siblings running around screaming and their older ones pushing them around and wondered; "How can you stand this, its madness!"

[/quote]

Ah, but the madness is more fun as one grows up! Family holidays and get-togethers are priceless, although still very much madness....:D We have learned to participate in several conversations at one time over the dinner table!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.