When your car gets attacked by a mob of leftists do this

. . . “They’re on my car, alright. They’re on my car right now,” Durant tells the 911 dispatcher.

“So we would suggest you slowly drive through the area. Don’t hit anyone with your vehicle,” the dispatcher responds. To that, the woman says: “I can’t. I cannot get out of here, okay?”

The dispatcher then tells the caller: “Please be patient. I’ll let the officers know, OK?” . . .

. . . “Are you serious?” the woman who dialed 911 asks.

The dispatcher responds, “We can’t do anything, ma’am. The city told us this is a sanctioned event.”

“Get out of my car! You know, this is going to get dangerous. I got a kid here,” the woman shouts.

But the dispatcher only calmly replies: “Yes, ma’am. We would suggest you call up the city hall to let them know about your frustrations.” . . .

When your car gets attacked by a mob of leftists do this . . .

Do what?

Well, the Government never really says.

You can sit in your car, watch the windows of your vehicle get broken out, you get dragged out, and might live after an undeserved beating you take.

Or you can drive and be arrested.

Or you can hope you are not in a leftist city where the leaders insist the police stand down and allow this . . . . AND . . . The police are close at hand . . . AND . . . the police themselves (if your fortunate enough to get them there AND they are courageous enough to take on the mob) will not be overcome themselves.

People, officers left trapped in vehicles by swarms of protesters – but officials mute on how to handle

Some have likened incidents to Charlottesville-style attempts at vehicular manslaughter, others see the protesters as the agitators putting everyday citizens at risk

By Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Protesters who have taken to streets around the country to demand a national reckoning on racial injustice since the death of George Floyd have used the tactic of blocking traffic – and in some instances captured on video – have swarmed cars, jumped on the hoods and even attacked drivers.

Depending on their point of view, some have likened incidents to Charlottesville-style attempts at vehicular manslaughter. Others seeing videos circulating on social media view the protesters as the agitators putting the safety of everyday citizens at risk. . . .

3 Likes

“Call City Hall with your frustrations.” Exactly why we don’t want the government to do anything for us but stay out of our lives. And we will remain heavily armed to defend ourselves as well. Or am I wrong? Should we trust the government with our lives because of their stellar record of doing so?

5 Likes

Why do many Democratic mayors, attorneys general, and Governors seem so willing to accept chaotic behavior?

8 Likes

Welcome to the new model of police protection. Learn to love it.[/sarc]

Protesters don’t want to look bad so they made spurious claims that she ran people over and drove on the sidewalk. I call these claims spurious because there is not one single phone video in support of those allegations. Nor a video to support the allegation by the one spokesman who identified himself and conceded that “at most someone did have their hands on the car”. If the driver had done the things she was accused of, those videos would have been blasted all over the place.

And there you have it. Them who think the protesters did nothing wrong to that woman have zip to back that up with.

4 Likes

What are you suggesting? She take out her AR-15 and start mowing people down? It’s an adult problem that doesn’t have a clear solution.

The first question I asked is what on Earth was she doing driving through there?

2 Likes

Solutions are easier when all people involved are behaving reasonably adult.

2 Likes

In the words of Tommy Lee Jones (I think…), “A person is smart. People are idiots.”

2 Likes

May more persons choose not to be idiots. Society seems to be legitimizing participation in mobs.

1 Like

Again, complicated problem with no hyper-clear answer…

I think we should submit to and enforce the rule of law. But then again, if we did that with perfect consistency then Americans would still be British, right?

1 Like

Had a similar display even in my little rural burg. When I approached the town square rolling down Main street and saw the assembly, know what I did?

Took the next right and just went down College street. It was clear. And if it wasn’t, I’d have turned around and took the bypass home.

Easy peasy.

2 Likes

There IS a time for revolution against a tyrannical government. Is this it?

Our government is not tyrannical, however we have certainly become socially fractured and distant. Those kind of “revolutions” have never resulted in good.

2 Likes

It was easy peasy for us too. My point is that I can certainly understand how some people can be surprised and caught up in this.

I don’t think Reginald Denny meant to drive through that part of town.

5 Likes

Small note, if you leave a firearm in easy reach in your vehicle in my state that’s a misdemeanor that requires confiscation of the weapon by law enforcement on-the-spot. They don’t actually do that, like they don’t automatically tow cars driven by drivers without insurance like they’re supposed to, but it’s on the books.

My state employs a two-step rule. If you keep it in your console or a glove box, it has to be in another case inside that. If kept under your seat, you’d need two cases or a case and a trigger lock - something clearly identifiable as two steps you had to take to obtain access to your firearm.

That’s just a matter of perspective. At the start, most colonial citizens thought the American revolutionaries were just trouble-makers. “Fractured and distant” “domestic terrorists” disrupting law and order.

You’re a terrorist unless you win. Then you’re a Founding Father.

Move to a different state.

1 Like

Puh. Mine’s Kentucky. Odds are fantastic that the state our gallery members live in is much more restrictive.

Most revolutions, like the one we are arguably in, really are started by the trouble-makers.

The American Revolution was different. There was an enlightenment of thought. It’s now the Fourth of July, read the Declaration of Independence. It really is a one-in-history type of document, of IDEA.

Today’s revolution is an effort to erase this. If successful, the entire world will be a darker place for generations.

2 Likes

I’m not interested in dampening your patriotic fervor, but the ideals of the enlightenment saw the end of authoritarianism in favor of social democracy in most of the countries on the globe.

What makes the American constitution unique is that it’s just arguably the oldest functioning one still in use.

We’re on constitution #2 while France, for example, is on #16.

1 Like

Which Enlightenment revolution/Constition predated ours?

The French revolution attempted a few years later, but that didnt work out so well…

1 Like

Kentucky has such stupid laws? What about with CC license?

1 Like
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.