I am 16 years old, and I live in Texas. I began going to a Catholic church in my town about 2 or 3 months ago. I have not been baptized or recieved first communion, but I feel like I have a strong call to the priesthood. It's all very hard to explain, so I went online and checked a few websites on how to know if you are being called. I found a list of questions that are supposed to help:
1) Does the idea of becoming a priest keep coming back time and time again even though you thought you had moved on in your life and forgotten about it?
My answer: Yes, I've thought about it and admired priests throughout my life, even though I've never been catholic.
2) Do you feel called to give more, to be more?
My answer: All the time, but I never know what I am supposed to do.
3) Does your relationship with God sustain you, enliven you, invigorate you in such a way that you want to share His Truth and Love with others?
My answer: Yes. I love the church, and I love reaching out to people. The idea of doing it in the form of a priest is scary, however. I never really wanted this for myself.
4) Do you desire to courageously and selflessly give all to Christ, to cast out into the deep and follow Him, wherever He calls you?
My answer: If that is what He wants me to do, I would.
5) Do you long for more than what “the world” teaches us to strive for – money, sensuality, power, self-indulgence and comfort at any cost?
My answer: Yes. Hands down.
6) Do you have a sneaking suspicion that you are on the brink of a major life decision?
My answer: Yes, but that may be just because my school is pressuring us on what we should do with our lives.
7) Are you afraid to tell friends and family that you are thinking about priesthood?
My answer: I was for a while. Then just this past sunday it kind of slipped at breakfast. I was only with my mom, but she reacted differently than I expected. She was supportive. I was scared for a while.
8) Does the idea of becoming a priest attract you and at the same time frighten you because you feel “unworthy?”
My answer: YES 100% I can't even stress enough how much this is accurate.
9) Have you ever felt your heart move as a priest celebrated the Holy Sacrifice of the Mass and thought what it would be like to stand at his place at the altar?
My answer: I've cried in church. Enough said?
10) Have others encouraged you to consider priesthood?
My answer: No.
Okay, so maybe these answers mean "yes, I am called," or, "no, not called." Either way, I need help. If I am being called, what am I supposed to do? If not, should I just let it go? If it's any help, I'm currently in RCIA, and I will be baptized on April 19, 2014.
I just need advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.