Where can I Download a Catechism eBook

I'm a new Catholic and have a Sony Reader that is able to search ebooks that I purchase. Anyone know a website where I can download the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

:shrug:

[quote="spockrates, post:1, topic:201756"]
I'm a new Catholic and have a Sony Reader that is able to search ebooks that I purchase. Anyone know a website where I can download the Catechism of the Catholic Church?

:shrug:

[/quote]

Well, here's the Catechism of the Council of Trent:
freecatholicebooks.com/books/catechism_of_trent.pdf

and the current Catechism:
ebookmall.com/ebook/104185-ebook.htm
&
scborromeo.org/ccc.htm
scroll down & it says for mobile devices, not sure if that includes Sony.

Lots of theology and philosophy books are out of copyright. Go to Project Gutenberg for different versions in elctronic form. You can get just about anything written prior to 1924 plus anything where the author has given up rights. I would expect lots of stuff from the Vatican up to today. Gutenberg has all of Aquinas, Aristotle, bibles, Augustine, etc.

Several sites offer Gutenberg and have different search engines, so find a site that works for you.

Lots of other books are available through Google Books. They have been copying huge university libraries. Many of these are not digitized, but are like photocopies. However, they still work fine on a Sony.

And it’s all FREE.

Didymus:

Thanks for the links. What I’m looking for is a downloadable catechism in a Sony Reader or Digital PDF format.

try this: A Catechism of Christian Doctrine (1951)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.