Where can I find out more aboout the saints?

I have a burning desire to read and learn about the siants. After all, we are all called to be saints, are we not? Does anyone have any ideas about where I can find out more?

you might want to start with the link in my sig.

The Confessions of St. Augustine: newadvent.org/fathers/1101.htm

The Diary of St. Faustina: saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml

The Diary of St. Theresa: (download) gutenberg.org/etext/16772

You can also find saintly books in religious stores.

And don’t forget about the Acts of the Apostles :wink:

I have the Confessions, as well as More’s Utopiaand the play A man for All Seasons Thanx

The Patron Saint Index is a nice tool to at least get you started on a particular saint.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse.

In our Cathecism of the Catholic Church, we have this section.

**Mary - “Blessed is she who believed” **
**148 ** The Virgin Mary most perfectly embodies the obedience of faith. By faith Mary welcomes the tidings and promise brought by the angel Gabriel, believing that “with God nothing will be impossible” and so giving her assent: “Behold I am the handmaid of the Lord; let it be [done] to me according to your word.” Elizabeth greeted her: “Blessed is she who believed that there would be a fulfillment of what was spoken to her from the Lord.” It is for this faith that all generations have called Mary blessed.

**149. ** Throughout her life and until her last ordeal when Jesus her son died on the cross, Mary’s faith never wavered. She never ceased to believe in the fulfillment of God’s word. And so the Church venerates in Mary the purest realization of faith.

Here is an online link to the: Cathechism of the Catholic Church vatican.va/archive/catechism/ccc_toc.htm

There is also a document by His Holiness Pope Paul VI called: Marialis Cultus (Apostolic Exhortation for the Right Ordering and Development of Devotion to the Blessed Virgin Mary of His Holiness, February 2, 1974 by His Holiness Pope Paul VI ewtn.com/library/PAPALDOC/P6MARIAL.HTM

Given all these reasons to venerate the Immaculate Heart of Mary as the holiest of all saints, it has been wonderful for me to read more about her:
whether I am reading on her Seven Sorrows: On the Dolors of Mary by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains the sufferings of Our Lady http://writer.zoho.com/public/immaculate/Seven-dolors

or whether I am reading on why we say: Hail Holy Queen, **The Glories of Mary, ** by St. Alphonsus de Liguori, one of the 33 Doctors of the Catholic Church, explains Hail Holy Queen http://www.catholictradition.org/Mary/glories.htm

or whether I am reading about a most magnificent prayer that is a “compendium of the Gospel” by causing reflection of the lives of the Sacred Heart of Jesus and the Immaculate Heart of Mary, the Most Holy Rosary **Secret of the Rosary ** montfort.org.uk/Writings/Rosary.html

or whether I am following in the example of His Holiness Pope John Paul II, St. Therese of Liseux, or St. Maximilian Maria and reading True Devotion to the Blessed Virgin montfort.org.uk/Writings/TrueDev.html
and the preparation for the 33 day consecration: Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm

or the reflections of His Holiness Pope John Paul II on this book (actually I have not finished reading his reflectiosn!) Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm

Another saint’s work that I can think of that I have read and benefited from that is autobiographical in nature is *The Story of a Soul * by St. Therese of Liseux. Eucharisted most kindly posted a link above for you: gutenberg.org/etext/16772I have not read any of Mother Teresa’s books except excerpts but there are two books: Come be my Light, and Mother Teresa: In the Shadow of Our Lady

Finally, St. Margaret Mary Alacoque received apparitions/revelations of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, and there is a work of hers that is about these revelations and the comments of her confessor: Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus en.wikisource.org/wiki/Devotion_to_the_Sacred_Heart_of_Jesus#FIRST_POINT._.E2.80.94_The_ardent_desire_Jesus_Christ_feels_to_be_with_us.

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! Jesus, I trust in you! Jesus, I trust in you! May the Sacred Heart of Jesus through the Immaculate Heart of Mary glorify himself through us!! May the Holy Spirit through the Immaculate Heart of Mary gift us with graces that we most desperately need!! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!! Holy God, Holy Mighty One, Holy Immortal One, have mercy on us and on the whole world!!

And I like to go here for short biographies: http://www.catholic.org/saints/

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your dearly beloved spouse.

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

If you have iTunes, you can subscribe to the SaintCast podcast. You can listen to some episodes online at their website.

newadvent.org has a RIDICULOUS amount of information on anything Catholic, including a considerable portion on the Saints.

Some of us are familiar with that “burning desire”. After reading the wonderful stories of many of the great saints, it could cause you to feel a little sad. It may seems impossible for you to ever become like one of those great saints. That is where “The Little Flower” comes in. If you have not already read, “The Story of a Soul” the autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux, please include this on your list.

A wonderfully written book is Father James Martin’s My Life with the Saints. Father Martin (a Jesuit) is a former top executive. His book is an inspiring combination of his own spiritual odyssy and a meditation on the lives of some well-known and not-so-well-known saints. I have given it to several friends as gifts and they have all loved it.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.