Where can I find the Gospel Acclamations?

:)In preparing for our Daily Liturgies, I usually type (ok, it’s more a cut and paste) the Readings and print them on a sheet so that people can follow along.:slight_smile:

We have Missalettes in the church, but they only list what the Reading is, not the actual Reading. It would be great if more at the Daily Mass came with their Bibles and knew where the books were… but it’s something I happen to enjoy doing (read: I don’t have to do this, I choose to) :wink:

I go to the USCCB for the readings (www.usccb.org/nab/today.html), but I can’t seem to locate the Gospel Acclamations. I would prefer take it from the web.:rolleyes:

I have an old Daily Missal, but that is so worn the pages are barely bound. Besides, I need to have that with me.

Can someone point me to the Gospel Acclamations for the Daily Masses (and while we’re at it: the Entrance Antiphone, Opening Prayer, Prayer Over the Gifts, Communion Song and Prayer After Communion … well, if I don’t ask… :blush:)

You might want to subscribe to the Magnificat, since it has all of the antiphons, Gospel versicles and such for a given month. I would not include the Collect (the Opening prayer) nor those prayers that are exclusive to the celebrant, but, I would put in the entrance and communion antiphons. It may also be cost-effective in the short-run, since the Ordinary of the Mass will be changing at some point next year.

The texts for Sundays and major feasts are at canticanova.com/pln_main.htm .

To comply with copyright restrictions, follow the instructions by ICEL at icelweb.org/copyright.htm where it has:

Publications not subject to royalties
No royalty is charged for reprinting ICEL translations in a publication for use at a specific Mass or celebration of an individual congregation or institution, for example: convention program booklets, jubilee Masses, ordinations, baptisms, first communions, confirmations, funerals, weddings, etc., provided that the following conditions are met:
a. the publication is not produced by a publishing firm;
b. the publication is not sold;
c. the appropriate copyright notice appears on the cover, inside cover, or title page;
d. the official editions of the texts are followed exactly.”

So you should have: “Excerpts from the English translation of The Roman Missal © 1973, International Committee on English in the Liturgy, Inc. All rights reserved.”

John,
Thanks so much for the very useful link.

Any idea where one could find the same resources for daily mass on-line?

Benedictgirl reccommeded Magnificat, which is a nice resource, but I would like to have the opening and closing prayers and the prayer over the gifts of the daily Mass as well, and they are not printed in Manificat (or The Word Among Us, the other publication I am familar with).

Ideas anyone?

Daily mass readings are available online in several places. The USCCB site has them; just go to their home page, click on the link to “readings” in the blue banner, and a current month’s calendar will pop up. Select the day, and all the readings are there. You can find the same thing on the EWTN website, but there you click on the day and select the individual readings. I would expect other sites have the readings using the NAB bible or other versions as well. A couple I found in a quick search were Catholic.org and Dailygospel.org (Gospel readings only). They’re everywhere.

I would first ask an important question, is the Gospel Acclaimation being sung? Both the Alleluia and the verse?

As per the GIRM

63.c The Alleluia or verse before the Gospel may be omitted if they are not sung.

This is for if there is only one reading before the Gospel, if however there are two readings, such as on a Solemnity, the Alleluia must be sung.

62.a The Alleluia **is **sung in every season other than Lent. The verses are taken from the Lectionary or the Gradual.

If you notice, 63.c says it may be omitted. Well, there is a directive from the USCCB that states that "A rubric should be included stating that, if the Alleluia or the Lenten gospel acclamation cannot be sung, it is to be omitted.

Therefore, if it is not being sung, do not worry about it, because it should be said. I encourage you to make sure that the Priest is following the rubrics.

I honestly do not know of a place online to find it. I know that you could probably look at the lectionary at Church for the weekday Masses and write it down for teh next week. Other than that, I don’t know where to tell you to go.

Pax!

Actually, the Collect and the Prayer after Communion are found in the Magnificat, as is the Prayer over the Gifts. The Word Among Us is not really that good because it does not have the complete Mass.

Now, I would caution against including the Collect, the Prayer after Communion and the Prayer over the Gifts. Since we are now in Ordinary Time, the celebrant can use many options for a particular Mass, such as a votive Mass of the Sacred Heart, a votive Mass for the Blessed Virgin Mary and Masses for various needs such as Vocations, the Sick, etc. To have these prayers pretty much ties his hands down to having to celebrate the Mass of the day (unless it’s a Solemnity or a Memorial). That is why it’s better to just have the readings of the day.

Actually, the General Introduction to the Lectionary states that the Gospel Acclamation should be sung. If it is not sung, it is omitted.

At cantcha.com/our-apps/imissal/ it describes an application for iPod touch/iPhone/iPad. I am not sure if it has all that you want, or if would be possible to get the text from it to a computer.

In Australia and New Zealand there is a version sold to produce parish Mass sheets, as described at litcom.net.au/publications/labora.php . I am also unsure if one has been made for 2010.

Thank you so much!

Yes, I want the information ONLINE. I have access to it as text. I don’t want to have to type (I admit to being a bit lazy):o

This feedback has been awesome. I often wonder ‘what should I be including?’ or ‘did I forget something’

Thank you all so much.:slight_smile:

That works too! :thumbsup: I just did not have a Lectionary handy.

I would say to just include the readings and the psalm. As I indicated in my earlier posts, if you start including the collects and the other prayers, you tie the priest’s hands during Ordinary Time. He should have the latitude to decide which particular Mass he will be celebrating on a given weekday.

I notice that all the Gospel Acclamations are posted here:

garnieralleluias.org/

Most of them appear to also have free musical settings.

I’m not familiar with what the daily Novalis “Living with Christ” includes in its American version but the Canadian version includes the collects, the acclamations and the antiphons.

livingwithchrist.us/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.