Where Can I get Catholic Tracts?

Here in Ohio we are getting bombarded with Jack Chick tracts and other ones too, does anyone know of any people who sell Catholic tracts besides Catholic Answers, I want to buy many of one item to defend Catholicism. Thanks. God Bless.

I’m not sure I’d classify them as “tracts”, being a bit weightier than the typical chick offering (there must be some invisible line between tracts and booklets, eh?), but the Knights of Columbus have many resources available through their Catholic Information Service. Fifty cents each, discounts for orders of 100 and more.

Knights of Columbus, Catholic Information Service Website

Discalimer: I don’t think you need to be a member of the KofC to order them, but why aren’t you? :wink:

tee

I’m not sure if the Knights of Columbus and the Catholic Answers tracts are available other than by mail. But the CA tracts are certainly useful and cover nearly every conceivable subject that might arise from an anti-Catholic.

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/c-Tract_Paks.html?E+scstore

The problem with the Catholic Answers tracts are you have to buy them in the entire set of 120 or in sets, I would like to buy them individually say 100 copies of one subject.

[quote=JimG]I’m not sure if the Knights of Columbus and the Catholic Answers tracts are available other than by mail. But the CA tracts are certainly useful and cover nearly every conceivable subject that might arise from an anti-Catholic.

shop.catholic.com/cgi-local/SoftCart.exe/online-store/scstore/c-Tract_Paks.html?E+scstore
[/quote]

[quote=JimG]I’m not sure if the Knights of Columbus and the Catholic Answers tracts are available other than by mail. But the CA tracts are certainly useful and cover nearly every conceivable subject that might arise from an anti-Catholic.

[/quote]

If you follow the links at the website above, you will find most if not all (I have not compared the counts) of the CIS booklets are available under Online Resources (and can be ordered in any quantites by mail)

tee

[quote=dizzy_dave]Here in Ohio we are getting bombarded with Jack Chick tracts and other ones too, does anyone know of any people who sell Catholic tracts besides Catholic Answers, I want to buy many of one item to defend Catholicism. Thanks. God Bless.
[/quote]

One thing you might do is call Catholic Answers and ask them how much (if anything) they’d charge for you to copy & paste (as unformatted text) their tract text to a Word document that you’d use to print 1000 copies of at OfficeMax for 10 cents (or whatever) for each double-sided sheet.

On the Word document, reduce the margins (top, right, left, bottom) to a minimum, use multiple columns, perhaps smaller font, also with minimum space between columns.

Catholic Answers might ask you to include your source on the distribution (www.Catholic.com).

Here are some Catholic tracts that are pretty good. They are made simply and do a pretty good explaining different subjects. I ordered a sampler pack for about 20 dollars and they are well made simple little comic tracts. You can get more info by going here and taking a look.

grottopress.org/index.html

If I were you I would just order one or 2 subjects just to plant some seeds of interest. Once someone sees that Catholics aren’t just a bunch of pagans and actually have some good reasons and depth to their beliefs it can really plant some seeds.

God Bless
Scylla

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.