Where did Paul claim to have met Jesus?

I'm looking for all the claims by Paul's hand that he met Jesus. The best I can find is 1 gal 11: I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that the gospel I preached is not of human origin. 12 I did not receive it from any man, nor was I taught it; rather, I received it by revelation from Jesus Christ.

13 For you have heard of my previous way of life in Judaism, how intensely I persecuted the church of God and tried to destroy it. 14 I was advancing in Judaism beyond many of my own age among my people and was extremely zealous for the traditions of my fathers. 15 But when God, who set me apart from my mother’s womb and called me by his grace, was pleased 16 to reveal his Son in me so that I might preach him among the Gentiles, my immediate response was not to consult any human being. 17 I did not go up to Jerusalem to see those who were apostles before I was, but I went into Arabia. Later I returned to Damascus.

Someone claimed that this is not enough evidence that Paul ever wrote about meeting Jesus... Lol. I didn't know what else to say, but I was wondering if there are more instances of Paul writing about his meeting with Jesus and his conversion.

Thanks everyone!

What do you mean by meeting. Do you mean the event that happened in Acts 9 and retolded by Paul in Acts 26 and Galatians 1? Or do you mean prior to this vision?

[quote="Darryl_B, post:2, topic:334570"]
What do you mean by meeting. Do you mean the event that happened in Acts 9 and retolded by Paul in Acts 26 and Galatians 1? Or do you mean prior to this vision?

[/quote]

The event recorded in Acts 9 and 26 but written by Paul. I was wondering if Paul mentions this at all by his own hand other than in Galatians 1.

2 Corinthians 12: 1-9. I believe Paul was referring to himself when he mentioned a man being taken up to the third heaven. Some may disagree with that.

Not everything was written down. The apostles did not see writing as the essential means to transmit the faith.

Acts of the Apostles chapter 9 - the road to Damascus

[quote="dronald, post:3, topic:334570"]
The event recorded in Acts 9 and 26 but written by Paul. I was wondering if Paul mentions this at all by his own hand other than in Galatians 1.

[/quote]

How about this:

Gal 2:

2 I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain.

He does not say who the revelation was from..the HS? Jesus? But it can only come from God.

8 For God, who was at work in Peter as an apostle to the circumcised, was also at work in me as an apostle to the Gentiles.

*1 Corinthians 15:3-8 *

3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters[a] at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.* 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me**.

In 1 Corinthians, Paul puts his meeting the resurrected Jesus on the same plane as the accounts of Peter and the other Apostles. Not merely a voice in his head, but an actual experience akin to the Gospel accounts at the tomb, on the road, by the Sea of Galilee, etc.

Do you know why your friend is claiming this? If it is to assert that any person of any time period can simply have a personal revelation of Christ and preach a true gospel, I would point that Paul would disagree. He goes to great pains in his letter to Galatians to point out his teachings come directly from the resurrected Christ. He makes sure to point out that he went to see Peter and James the Just twice to make sure he wasn't running his race in vain, and to make sure his revelation about circumcision was in line with what Peter and the other Apostles taught.

He writes all this directly before he rebukes Peter (Cephas) for some specific actions. So even though Paul has no issues pointing out that Peter made a mistake, he makes sure, in writing, to let the Galatians know his Apostolic authority came from the same source, Christ, and was recognized as such by Peter and the others. This is the basis of Apostolic authority, that Paul and the others didn't receive instruction from man, but directly from Christ, and that true Gospel was preached and passed on to their students. At no time has "man" jumped in to break this direct transmission of knowledge from Christ to Apostle to the Bishops of today. Paul asserts his belonging to this paradigm, not claim he is somehow different.*

[quote="Christ_is_Risen, post:8, topic:334570"]
*1 Corinthians 15:3-8 *

3 For I handed on to you as of first importance what I in turn had received: that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the scriptures, 4 and that he was buried, and that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the scriptures, 5 and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. 6 Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers and sisters[a] at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have died.* 7 Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. 8 Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me***.

In 1 Corinthians, Paul puts his meeting the resurrected Jesus on the same plane as the accounts of Peter and the other Apostles. Not merely a voice in his head, but an actual experience akin to the Gospel accounts at the tomb, on the road, by the Sea of Galilee, etc.

Do you know why your friend is claiming this? If it is to assert that any person of any time period can simply have a personal revelation of Christ and preach a true gospel, I would point that Paul would disagree. He goes to great pains in his letter to Galatians to point out his teachings come directly from the resurrected Christ. He makes sure to point out that he went to see Peter and James the Just twice to make sure he wasn't running his race in vain, and to make sure his revelation about circumcision was in line with what Peter and the other Apostles taught.

He writes all this directly before he rebukes Peter (Cephas) for some specific actions. So even though Paul has no issues pointing out that Peter made a mistake, he makes sure, in writing, to let the Galatians know his Apostolic authority came from the same source, Christ, and was recognized as such by Peter and the others. This is the basis of Apostolic authority, that Paul and the others didn't receive instruction from man, but directly from Christ, and that true Gospel was preached and passed on to their students. At no time has "man" jumped in to break this direct transmission of knowledge from Christ to Apostle to the Bishops of today. Paul asserts his belonging to this paradigm, not claim he is somehow different.
Thanks for this!

[/quote]

I found another one: 1 Am I not free? 1 corin 9:1Am I not an apostle? Have I not seen Jesus our Lord? Are not you my workmanship in the Lord?

Paul most certainly did claim to have met Jesus. It's interesting the dishonesty in some.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.