Where did the saying "Many faiths and creeds" come from?

Im not sure if this saying “many different faiths and creeds” are mentioned in the bible, or somewhere, but it is used to reference mansions in heaven. I was wondering if anybody knew where the satying comes from?

Where and by whom?

Veronica Lueken (1923-1995) of Bayside, New York, whose alleged visions are not approved by the Catholic Church, apparently attributed the following message to the Virgin Mary:
“Do not judge your brothers and sisters who have not been converted… My Son has repeated over and over: remember always that My Father’s House there are many rooms in the Mansion, signifying faiths and creeds. However, the Eternal Father, the beatific vision, is reserved for the Roman Catholic following. This it has been deemed by the Eternal Father since the beginning of time.” - August 14, 1979 (source)

Hi!

…I think that you are somehow combining two distinct passages:

[FONT=Garamond][size=5]2 There are many rooms in my Father’s house; if there were not, I should have told you. I am going now to prepare a place for you,

(St. John 14:2)

9 After that I saw a huge number, impossible to count, of people from every nation, race, tribe and language; they were standing in front of the throne and in front of the Lamb, dressed in white robes and holding palms in their hands. They shouted aloud, 10 ‘Victory to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!’…

13 One of the elders then spoke, and asked me, ‘Do you know who these people are, dressed in white robes, and where they have come from?’ 14 I answered him, ‘You can tell me, my lord’. Then he said, ‘These are the people who have been through the great persecution, and because** they have washed their robes white again in the blood of the Lamb**, (Apocalypse [Revelation] 7:9-14)Note, though, that it is not about all faiths and creeds but about Fellowship with the Lamb, the Crucified Christ!

Maran atha!

Angel

[/size][/FONT]

Hi, Todd!

…they say the road to hell is paved with good intentions… I heard a Priest retell an allegory where all sorts of belief systems seem to continue their practices in Heaven as they engaged in self-apartheid (each group remaining faithful to their “correct” “way” to God)–thank God that not even the best of good intentions can make Heaven a haven for schisms!

Maran atha!

Angel

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.