Where do miscarried babies go?

I’ve recently miscarried. The hardest thing for me to understand is what does God do with these souls? We believe that there is a soul at conception. What do we believe happens to these souls? Do they go to heavan or purgatory? I’m very confused and need to understand what happens for me to move on.

I’m sorry for your loss but do not despair. The Church teaches that we may hope for the salvation of your child:

“As regards children who have died without Baptism, the Church can only entrust them to the mercy of God, as she does in her funeral rites for them. Indeed, the great mercy of God who desires that all men should be saved, and Jesus’ tenderness toward children which caused him to say: "Let the children come to me, do not hinder them,” allow us to hope that there is a way of salvation for children who have died without Baptism” (Catechism, 1261).

You are in our prayers.

See also Can other peoples’ desire that someone be baptized be considered Baptism by Desire?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.