Where do the the unborn souls go?

Actually we do know what happens to the unborn, unbabtisted etc., etc. First of all there is no pregatory, well only in hollywood and those that been made up by man. First find in scripture from my God or the Messiah where there is a pregatory. I would be pleased to disprove any teachings that are not of His teachings but first prove that there is a pregatory. I aan be found at imprintazteca @ yahoo dot com. I get untrue teachings all the time. Man has no truth by himself so one must deligentin finding His truth not that has been manupilated by man.

First of all, I want to say that not all deaths of unborn children are the result of the mothers “getting rid of them.” No one is to blame for spontaneous abortions otherwise called “miscarriages.”

I think we can find some comfort in the knowledge that the church has a feast for the Holy Innocents, boys age 2 and under who were slaughtered by King Herod shortly after Christ was born. The holy innocent martyers of this generation are the millions of aborted babies who died at the will of their own mothers. They are trusted to the mercy of our loving God. And there is no reason to fear that the unborn babies that were miscarried through no fault of their mothers would be shown any less mercy.

Oooohhh, you put that so lovingly :heart:

Well this was an interesting question for me to read the answers and thoughts too. I did notice that nearly everyone talked about the aborted babies but there are babies much loved and wanted who have died before birth. My first son was stillborn and one of the hardest things for me to deal with was the fact that he wasnt baptised and wouldnt go to heaven. I couldnt cope with burying him knowing he wasnt baptised and in the end went to the priest and begged him to baptise my baby. He told me that he felt that my son was with God and that God wouldnt send innocent babies who have died before birth to hell, that they are all with him for they are not sinners. I still, 15 years later, hang on to those words and pray that my baby is with God.
I also believe my baby had a soul and to think otherwise is out of the question.
I know this doesnt answer the question, but I wanted to share with you and let you know that this can be a very hard thing for people who have lost a much wanted child to deal with.

Amen! Amen! I totally agree with TamM who went to the true source, the Catechism of the Catholic Church. Until we see God face to face, we go by what the Church teaches as we believe it is inspired by the Holy Spirit.
I also believe that these little ones are martyrs in their own way, reminding me of the Holy Innocents who were slain by Herod’s orders hoping he would kill the infant Jesus in the process.
They indeed die for the faith, and it is this act of martyrdom that is calling us to end this evil once and for all. When we all pray tonight, let us search our souls to see if we are doing all we can do to end these horrid murders, and to save the mothers and fathers who live with this on their consciences all the days of their life.
to TamM–God bless you as you continue in your formation to become Catholic. It sounds like you are definitely on the right track.

On another note, I think some of these forums go on way to long. Could we just garner some opinions, end with an authoritative answer and move on?

God bless all of you.

Thank you

You are correct sir…ther is no PRE-gatory.

There is however a Purgatory.

You must be an advocate for an increased population in hell because - my friend, if God were of your thinking…there would only be a “skeleton crew” in heaven.

Purgatory is God’s mercy and love for us poor sinners on earth and for the poor souls that die in His grace but still carry the guilt of sin in their being.

The souls in Purgatory are the only truly pre-destined part of the whole church. That is, the church militant; the church suffering and the church triumphant.

Where do you get this theology?

Mangy Dog’s theology is correct. With what do you have a problem?

If either one of us was a theologian, we’d know the answer to this question.

I am sorry but I really do not understand your point.

Purgatory is the one third of the total church that is no longer in danger of damnation, temptation or sin. They can no longer increase or decrease their merit either. They are pre-destined to enter into Heaven when their time in Purgatory has been satisfied by Divine Justice and Mercy. Yet, these souls if given the option, would not return to earth and be exposed to temptation, sin and damnation. They are the true predestined, they are the church suffering - consoled by the merciful garauntee of one day enjoying the Beatific Vision.

There isn’t a single soul on earth (church militant; you and I) that is not currently in danger of falling into temptation, sin or damnation. We are in danger of falling into grave sin, exposed to the wickedness and snares of the devil and the demons’ influence.

It is a false notion to assume or presume that we are “saved”, and that our entrance into Heaven is “garaunteed”. This assumption borders closely on “pride” which is a sin.

Even a catholic who just came out of the confessional, if he or she thinks for a moment that they are free from sin - guess what?..they have just sinned of pride.

You see my friend, Purgatory has to exist! If the option upon death is Heaven (completely and abolutely pure to contemplate the Beatific Vision, without the slightest hint of guilt or impurity for un-expiated sins) or Hell,…we would be in deep trouble.

So, am I a theologian? No. But I do have “logia” of Theos.

We all do, but it is not our profession or speciality. I know what I know by learning and listening and by the grace of God.

Even a catholic who just came out of the confessional, if he or she thinks for a moment that they are free from sin - guess what?..they have just sinned of pride.

The only part of your post I have a problem with. It’s not pride to trust that God’s mercy left us free from sin after making a good confession. That’s the entire point of the sacrament. We are still ‘sinners’, but previous sins are forgiven; so if you get hit by a bus on the way home you will be just fine.

That’s a very restrictive example but, I get your point.

I know where they go, and every day is Free Pancake Day for them! :smiley:

Evangelicals believed they have diverse ages of accountability. Some children develop this knowledge of good and evil starting four years of age while others start to rebel at five. Since age of accountability varies the parents should learn to discern if their children can already understand the gospel of God’s grace. The following are the biblical evidences why we need to believe a child who dies below the age of reason is already in heaven.

1. Children can be set apart even before they are born. (Jer. 1:5)
  2. Children can already be regenerated even before they are born. They can even experience the presence of God while inside the womb of their mother. (Luk. 1:15)
  3. Children has this innate nature in knowing the true God even before their birth. (Psa. 22:10)
  4. Children can immediately experience God’s presence when they die. King David express this sentiment in 2Sam. 12:23 after his son’s death.
  5. Children are already experiencing the kingdom of God before the time of their rebellion. (Mat. 18:3; 19:14)

Now let me be clear that all people on earth are sinners, that includes unborn babies, infants, and children. This is confirmed by the book of Psalms,

“Surely I was sinful at birth, sinful from the time my mother conceived me.” (51:5) But the Bible also shows an unusual way of saving infants and children who are below the age of reason or accountability. Just like Adam and Eve who were already experiencing the eternal and abundant life in the presence of God they chose to rebel against Him. Children also reach an age where they have to choose between good (submission) and evil (rebellion). In fact, you don’t need to teach a young child to rebel due to their sinful nature that is at work in them. I hope every parent will always share the gospel with their
young ones as they reach the age of reason.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.