Where do you go from here?

Hello everyone! It’s been a while since i’ve been on the forums…I think my last post was over 5 years ago. But anyways, I’m at a stage in my life where I haven’t attended a church in over 3 years and have noticed the difference it’s making (not a good one). For those who don’t remember me or don’t even know me, I’m a former mormon that fought with the religion for a couple years while attending school (went to BYU). I had a period where I went back and tried to make it work but just felt empty. The only thing I liked about being mormon was the social aspect. You literally had something to do all the time. I know church fundamentally shouldn’t only focus on social aspects but I do hope the next church I join does have events for single adults. I’ve attended some baptist, lutheran, evangelical and catholic churches in the past but haven’t taken the step to really explore the religions. Catholicism has always interested me as a church but i’ve been away from religion for so long that I don’t really know where to start. I think RCIA is still a thing but not sure. Can someone point me to a good direction? Thanks.

Yes, most Catholic parishes just started RCIA classes for enquirers. You should attend.

2 Likes

I would second checking into attending RCIA. You are correct in saying the social aspect is not the fundamental focus, the truth is, but interpersonal relationships are not unimportant. RCIA can provide some social interaction in addition to the grounded fundamentals of the faith.

2 Likes

Hello Erin,
Is there an Elks lodge in your community. The Elks in my community has events. Did you try meetup.com. They should have something you would like.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.