Where do you stand on Israel Palestine?

I’m personally more on the Palestinian/anti-zionst side of things,but I would love to hear eveyone’s opinions.

I’m personally more on the Palestinian/anti-zionst side of things,but I would love to hear eveyone’s opinions.

I am pro keeping the Holy Land free of terrorism that could target sacred spots like the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and Church of the Nativity.

We cancel out, then, which is cool.

Bravo Israel all the way.

Was pro Israel till I learned what they did/are doing to the Maronites; now I’m neutral.

that would be pro-palestine then

Israel

Anti-Zionist is indeed the common Palestinian point of view. Since the Zionist point of view is that Jews are a people, and like all people have an inherent right to a state, the anti-Zionist point of view is that Jews have no such right.

There is something inherently genocidal in such a point of view, given that the Jewish state of Israel already exists in fact.

Being against genocide in general, I can’t say that I am very fond of the anti-Zionist position.

But that is just me, and it is most certainly not the traditional Christian viewpoint on such things, which has all about displacing Jews from any claims to Zion in any way, shape or form.

Anyway, now that I see that this is being posted on the world news forum, I can only note how brief the life of this thread will be.

I say let a commission of Jews, Orthodox, Catholics, and Muslims rule over Jerusalem. Yes, I know it’s modeled off a Tom Clancy book.

Sounds fair, but which Jews, the transplants from the USA or the indigenous jews?

This article is almost too far out to believe. Maybe it is sensationalist.

Palestinian Children Wear Mock Suicide Belts in Bethlehem Parade

In what can only be described as a celebration of violence and death, young Palestinian children participated in a Bethlehem parade last week by dressing up as armed terrorists, complete with mock suicide belts.

The parade marked the 51st anniversary of the first terrorist attack by Palestinian leader Mahmoud Abbas’ Fatah movement, and was attended by several high ranking Palestinian Authority officials.

Ofer Gendelman, Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu’s official spokesman to the Arab media, called the event a glorification of terrorism aimed at encouraging a new generation of Palestinian youth to join the violence.

See more at: israeltoday.co.il/NewsItem/tabid/178/nid/28144/Default.aspx

By the way, generally for articles, they like for us to have a linked story but, maybe sometimes they let it go.

Pro-Israel.

Not necessarily.

The Palestine State is likely to be an Islamic one. The goal then would be to turn those Basilicas into mosques, as was done at the Cenaculum before 1967.

Only Israel has bent over backward to maintain everybody’s religious rights in the tiny area.

ICXC NIKA

If they can use Catholics and Orthodox Christians, they can use Orthodox, Conservative, and Reform Jews.

I am pro-Israel on most aspects of the conflict. But stop the settlements!

Fair enough. I have to ask though, what about that one solider who admitted to murdering 13 children?

Does this thread belong here? I’m not seeing a news article linked to it.

Does knowing about Lt. William Casey (My Lai “massacre”) make you pro-communism and anti-America? Every military (even King David’s) has soldiers who commit atrocities. That doesn’t mean that the whole nation is illegitimate.

I am against soldiers murdering kids.

Where do you stand on the issue?

Munich?

Sbarro restaurant suicide bombing?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sbarro_restaurant_suicide_bombing

Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shmuel_HaNavi_bus_bombing

The Shmuel HaNavi bus bombing was the suicide bombing of a crowded public bus (Egged bus 2) in the Shmuel HaNavi quarter in Jerusalem, Israel, on August 19, 2003. Twenty-four people were killed and over 130 wounded. Many of the victims were children, some of them infants.[1] The Islamist militant group Hamas claimed responsibility for the attack.

How do we stand on these?

I am against soldiers murdering kids.

Where do you stand on the issue?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.