Where does a non-Catholic get an annulment?

My girlfriend has been divorced for almost nine years and has always been very in her church and faith, but she is not Catholic. I heard that if I wanted to marry her someday she would need to get an annulment of her previous marriage. Her church doesn’t have a process in place for this, so where would she have to go and would it be similar to my Catholic annulment?

If your girlfriend wants to be considered free to marry a Catholic in the Catholic Church, she would need an annulment from the Catholic Church. She can petition a marriage tribunal to look at her case, the same as a Catholic. In the meantime, you are not free to be engaged in a romantic relationship with someone who you must presume to be married unless and until she receives an annulment, and so should end your relationship with her.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.