Where does it say in the Bible homosexuality acts will go to Hell? I cannot see this anywhere

All I can find, says they will not inherit the Kingdom of God.

Is this church teaching or bible ? Thanks

Bible.

What’s the Biblical alternative to inheriting the Kingdom?

2 Likes

The kingdom of God is heaven. There are only two options. Heaven or hell. If you can’t inherit the Kingdom of God, then there is only one option left. That is hell.

3 Likes

So there is only Heaven or Hell.

No other place ?

Thank you for clearing that up for me.

Purgatory but if you can’t inherit Kingdom of God can’t go there either , that’s more like a waiting room for Heaven

5 Likes

There is only heaven and hell as the ultimate end. Purgatory exists as a place of purification for souls who die in a state of grace and can be admitted to heaven. But if you don’t make it to heaven, then you don’t make it to purgatory either.

1 Like

For what it’s worth, the Scriptures refer to those who persist in sin. It’s not that someone who has committed a homosexual act is going to go to hell, no matter what; it’s someone who persists in grave sin like that. And there are more sins mentioned than just homosexual acts. The Catechism refers to Gen 19:1-29, Rom 1:24-27, 1Cor 6:10 and 1Tim 1:10 (in CCC paragraphs 2357-2359).

4 Likes

The kingdom of God is heaven.

So, if you havent inherited the kingdom of God…

1 Like

In the end, there will only be two destinations. Heaven or hell. Those who are not in the Kingdom of God, i.e. heaven, will be condemned to hell.

and, as was clarified earlier by others, Purgatory is for those who have built on the foundation of Christ and are therefore, on the way to heaven. In the ends, Purgatory will be emptied and the souls in Purgatory will be in heaven.

Church Teaching and Bible Teaching are one and the same thing.

2 Likes

Thank you but one will not be requiring any prayers for this situation. I am against the act as it’s against nature.

1 Like

Disclaimer: I am not a priest, a religious, or a registered teacher so my words do not have the weight of that of one of these. I apologise ahead of time for any misspellings or otherwise incorrectly referenced words.

The following scripture passages are cross-references in the NAB 1970 (but I also include the Douay Rheims Challoner wording as well).

In Lev 18:22 it says:
Thou shall not lie with mankind as with womankind, because it is an abomination. (DRC)

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; such a thing is an abomination. (NAB 1970).

In Lev 20:13 it says:
If anyone lie with a man as with a woman, both have committed an abomination, let them be put to death: their blood be upon them. (DRC)

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them shall be put to death for their abominable deed; they have forfeited their lives. (NAB 1970).

In Rom 1:27 it says:
And, in like manner, the men also, leaving the natural use of the women, have burned in their lusts one towards another, men with men working that which is filthy, and receiving in themselves the recompense which was due to their error. (DRC)

and the males likewise gave up natural relations with females and burned with lust for one another. Males did shameful things with males and thus received in their own persons the due penalty for their perversity. (NAB 1970).

In Wis 14:26 it says (on the beginning of worshipping idols):
Forgetfulness of God, defiling of souls, changing of nature, disorder in marriage, and the irregularity of adultery and uncleanness. (DRC)

Disturbance of good men, neglect of gratitude, besmirching of souls, unnatural lust, disorder in marriage, adultery and shamelessness. (NAB 1970 on The Origins and Evils of Idolatry).

In 1 Cor 6:9-10 it says:
Know you not that the unjust shall not possess the kingdom of God? Do not err: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, Nor the effeminate, nor liers with mankind, nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor railers, nor extortioners, shall possess the kingdom of God. (DRC)

Do you not know that the unjust will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators nor adulterers nor boy prostitutes nor practicing homosexuals nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor robbers will inherit the kingdom of God. (NAB 1970)

The Catholic Church, in CCC paragraphs 2357-2359, cannot approve these acts; that they are acts of grave depravity; that they do not have genuine affective sexual complementarity; but that these persons must be accepted with respect and compassion, without discrimination, and that they strive in virtue to Christian perfection as the rest of us should.

So Hell is not explicitly called out in these passages but is implied by St Paul and is seen as offensive to God. According to the Catholic Church, obviously, we shouldn’t kill them but pray for their conversion and repentance and to help them as we can.

Matthew 15:19: Our Lord says that “fornications” (among other things) “defile” a man.

[17] Do you not understand, that whatsoever entereth into the mouth, goeth into the belly, and is cast out into the privy? [18] But the things which proceed out of the mouth, come forth from the heart, and those things defile a man. [19] For from the heart come forth evil thoughts, murders, adulteries, fornications, thefts, false testimonies, blasphemies. [20] These are the things that defile a man. But to eat with unwashed hands doth not defile a man.

Now we know, of course, that “fornication” means sex outside of marriage.

Our Lord makes clear, in Mark 10:6-8, that marriage is the union of a man and a woman, that, indeed, marriage arises out sexual complementarity.

[6] But from the beginning of the creation, God made them male and female. [7] For this cause a man shall leave his father and mother; and shall cleave to his wife. [8] And they two shall be in one flesh. Therefore now they are not two, but one flesh.

So it’s bad to have sex outside of marriage, and marriage is the union of a man and a woman: therefore it is bad to commit homosexual acts.

I assume it is not necessary to quote the (very many) passages in which Jesus makes clear that those who do not follow Him will… well, not follow Him.

1 Corinthians 6:9-10https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+Corinthians+6%3A9-10&version=RSVCE

Kingdom of God means heaven + the Church on Earth:
https://www.catholic.com/magazine/online-edition/what-is-the-kingdom-of-god

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.