Where have all the good (wo)men gone? (an article)

This provides and discusses laments both women and men are making about each other. See
www.ncregister.com/blog/where-have-all-the-good-women-gone/

[quote="mdgspencer, post:1, topic:235813"]
This provides and discusses laments both women and men are making about each other. See
www.ncregister.com/blog/where-have-all-the-good-women-gone/

[/quote]

They obviously don't have a moderator on the comment section for that article/blog. Otherwise, they would have banned "Don Schenk" for his out and out hatred of women and the incredibly vulgar term he used to describe some men. Wow! Actually, "Don" sounds like either a sociopath or a troll (I can only hope he's a troll). Very scary that there are men out there that call themselves "Catholic" and post what he did.

[quote="Prayerfully, post:2, topic:235813"]
They obviously don't have a moderator on the comment section for that article/blog. Otherwise, they would have banned "Don Schenk" for his out and out hatred of women and the incredibly vulgar term he used to describe some men. Wow! Actually, "Don" sounds like either a sociopath or a troll (I can only hope he's a troll). Very scary that there are men out there that call themselves "Catholic" and post what he did.

[/quote]

Well, the internet lets us encounter all kinds of people. Some of them are more scary than others. The fact that he describes the essay as "man-hating" is a pretty good clue that he is far from the mainstream.

As for the essay, it makes some common sense points, but doesn't substantiate any of them. Basically, the author is making a case for early marriage. I haven't studied the issue, but my sense is that early marriages often are more unstable than marriages at a later age.

This article has already been discussed at length in a thread from last month. The ensuing discussion includes some very insightful comments.

[quote="Dale_M, post:3, topic:235813"]
Well, the internet lets us encounter all kinds of people. Some of them are more scary than others. The fact that he describes the essay as "man-hating" is a pretty good clue that he is far from the mainstream.

As for the essay, it makes some common sense points, but doesn't substantiate any of them. Basically, the author is making a case for early marriage. I haven't studied the issue, but my sense is that early marriages often are more unstable than marriages at a later age.

[/quote]

Well, of course the internet does......... However, I would expect a conservative Catholic website would remove the comments that describe someone using a crude and vulgar "street term" for female genitalia. I find that offensive and lacking responsibility on the part of the National Catholic Register. If I wanted to read comments from people using that kind of language, I would read something other than a Catholic newspaper :shrug:

Okay, I think I know what you are referring to (Don posted a lot of comments.) Is the objectionable word part of a two word hyphenated phrase? If so, the editor in charge of the comments section probably could have been more active. Have you sent an email or letter explaining your objection?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.