Where I am at now

Peace. Complete I believe. Since the last time I left. :slight_smile: Well I have come to the conclusion that Catholics:

1)The Deity of our Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:1; John 20:28; Hebrews 1:8-9).
2)The Virgin Birth (Isaiah 7:14; Matthew 1:23; Luke 1:27).
3)The Blood Atonement (Acts 20:28; Romans 3:25, 5:9; Ephesians 1:7; Hebrews 9:12-14).
4)The Bodily Resurrection (Luke 24:36-46; 1 Corinthians 15:1-4, 15:14-15).
5)The inerrancy of the scriptures themselves (Psalms 12:6-7; Romans 15:4; 2 Timothy 3:16-17; 2 Peter 1:20). 1

Now I knew these things (above) but had doubts on:

1)Claiming the Lord Jesus Christ as savior (as did I when I practiced but wasnt sure of others) - and all that it entails.

2)Claim to be Born Again.

Now as being such, who am I to persist that their is no rebirth at baptism? Back and forth scripture quoting I believe to be to some degree useful - but I believe the Lord would not want it -perhaps beyond its usefulness.

Romans 1:29 “Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,…”

II Cori 12:20 “For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:”

Am I moved to return to the RCC? No.

Do I consider them my Christian Brethern? Yes.

Will I evangelize them? No. (unless they really do not know the gospel)…

I have a really dear and close friend - and his family - that are JWs. This is where I am going to focus my attention. Them, Mormons, Muslims, Hindus, Buddhists, Wiccans,… etc. I will let Christ worry about who is or isn’t a Christian. As long as they claim to be - great.

Do I agree with the RCC? Well I pray if I am wrong that God will lead me to truth. I also pray that if you are wrong God will lead you to truth. Either or - we both claim the Lord Jesus Christ as savior. We both claim to be Born Again. Good enough for me - finally.

I have been so passionate no so much for me but for my two kids. I need to lead them to truth and I will pray everday that God allows this/that.

Peace my brothers and say a little prayer for the A_____ family (Jody, Shelly, Mr. and Mrs A_____ (?) some step kids…) Pray that I am a good witness, I will do God’s will and by the grace of God - they see they need Jesus.

The rest I will leave up to the Lord.

NotWorthy, Church Militant, steveanderson, LilyM, Orionthe Hunter… all of you guys and the many more. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for excusing my moments of pharaseeism…and all my other many faults.

I know this as well.

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. "

I am pleased with this conclusion. Goodnight to all and God Bless.

p.s. I also realized that the evil works of some - regardless of office or whatever - doesn’t paint everyone with the same brush. Thanks for leading me to that conclusion - along with the HS.

From what I remember…

The Mass is ended, lets go in Peace…

MaS, I think this is great. There are, as you note, so many out there who are caught up in nonChristian religions. May God bless you as you endeavor to minister to them!!

Malachi,

Peace to you, too, Brother! I’m happy to see that your time at CAF has led you to a new place in your faith, even though you say you’re not moved to join the RCC.

The thing that makes me the most happy is that you’re praying to be led to truth if you’re wrong (and, in the spirit of charity, praying for us to be led to truth if we’re wrong). Keep praying, and it will happen.

Since you are so open and so intellectually curious, I encourage you to delve deeper and seek more answers here. CAF is loaded with knowledgeable folk who are more than willing to answer your questions about the RCC. In any case, Catholic or not, charitable and stimulating discussion and debate is always a breath of fresh air.

Peace,
Dante

, deceit, malignity; whisperers,…"

II Cori 12:20 “For I fear, lest, when I come, I shall not find you such as I would, and that I shall be found unto you such as ye would not: lest there be debates, envyings, wraths, strifes, backbitings, whisperings, swellings, tumults:”

Am I moved to return to the RCC? No.

Do I consider them my Christian Brethern? Yes.

Will I evangelize them? No. (unless they really do not know the gospel)…

… I will let Christ worry about who is or isn’t a Christian. As long as they claim to be - great.

Do I agree with the RCC? Well I pray if I am wrong that God will lead me to truth. I also pray that if you are wrong God will lead you to truth. Either or - we both claim the Lord Jesus Christ as savior. We both claim to be Born Again. Good enough for me - finally.

I have been so passionate no so much for me but for my two kids. I need to lead them to truth and I will pray everyday that God allows this/that.

Peace my brothers and say a little prayer for the A_____ family (Jody, Shelly, Mr. and Mrs A_____ (?) some step kids…) Pray that I am a good witness, I will do God’s will and by the grace of God - they see they need Jesus.

The rest I will leave up to the Lord.

NotWorthy, Church Militant, steveanderson, LilyM, Orionthe Hunter… all of you guys and the many more. Thank you for your patience. Thank you for excusing my moments of pharaseeism…and all my other many faults.

I know this as well.

John 13:34-35 "A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another. "

I am pleased with this conclusion. Goodnight to all and God Bless.

p.s. I also realized that the evil works of some - regardless of office or whatever - doesn’t paint everyone with the same brush. Thanks for leading me to that conclusion - along with the HS.

From what I remember…

The Mass is ended, lets go in Peace…MaS,
You will remain in my prayers every day.

Thank you for your very kind words and if you gave me offense, know also that it is fully forgiven and even now forgotten. I would ask the same of you. :slight_smile:

And as you reference the end of Mass, let me respond as we do.
Thanks be to God.:hug1:

Malachi, thanks so much for the kind words. Although we were so often on the opposite sides of the proverbial fence, there was always a love for Christ which I think we both saw in each other. When that is seen in one another, it’s easy to look past the differences and come to a better understanding through a mutual respect

The challenge is to love others who don’t reveal Christ so readily in their lives. Theirs no better way to evangelize than this way, my brother!!!

“Go, it is sent!!!”

[quote=malachi_a_serva]Peace. Complete I believe. Since the last time I left… Am I moved to return to the RCC? No… Do I consider them my Christian Brethern? Yes… Do I agree with the RCC? Well I pray if I am wrong that God will lead me to truth. I also pray that if you are wrong God will lead you to truth. Either or - we both claim the Lord Jesus Christ as savior. We both claim to be Born Again. Good enough for me - finally.
[/quote]

:love: :hug1: :heaven:

The Mass is ended, lets go in Peace…

Thanks be to God!

closed #7

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.