Where in the bible

Where in the bible does it tell us about the fall of satan. I have heard that satan was suppose to have been one of God's favorite angels. Where in the bible does it imply this, or does it?

Revelation Ch 12 talks about the war in Heaven and Satan’s consequent fall along with the demons.

Ezekiel 28:12-19. In the tradition of the Church, this passage is about Satan.

The article on "Satan" in the Catholic Encyclopedia mentions several passages from Sacred Scripture that directly or indirectly relate to his fall.

[quote="dmar198, post:3, topic:344348"]
Ezekiel 28:12-19. In the tradition of the Church, this passage is about Satan.

[/quote]

That's a very fitting passage.

Isaiah 14:11-13 gives an account of the fall of Satan. The classical translations use the term “Lucifer.”

In addition to the aforementioned verses:

§. Now on a certain day, when the sons of God came to stand before the Lord, Satan also was present among them. (Job 1:6-12)

§. And the Lord shewed me Jesus the high priest standing before the angel of the Lord: and Satan stood on his right hand to be his adversary. And the Lord said to Satan:
The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan: (Zechariah 3:1–2)

§. And the God of peace crush Satan under your feet speedily. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. (Ro 16:20).

AND I saw an angel coming down from heaven, having the key of the bottomless pit and a great chain in his hand.
And he laid hold on the dragon, the old serpent, which is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. (Re 20:1–2)

§. And he said to them: I saw Satan like lightning falling from heaven. (Lk 10:18).

All citations from: The Holy Bible, Translated from the Latin Vulgate.

Jesus said:

Luke 10:18 He said to them, 'I watched Satan fall like lightning from heaven.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.