Where in the Temple was the Presentation?

In what area of the temple did the Presentation of Jesus occur?

That’s a really interesting question! I don’t have the answer to it, but I would also like to know the answer to it. So I am going to subscribe to this thread! :smiley:

Luke 2:22-40

Joe

[quote="CrispSnowflake, post:2, topic:335320"]
That's a really interesting question! I don't have the answer to it, but I would also like to know the answer to it. So I am going to subscribe to this thread! :D

[/quote]

:)

Bl. Anne Catherine Emmerich gives a more detailed description of the event in her Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary (XVI. The Purification of Mary), where it is said that the Mother of God and Christ were lead from the "outer courts of the Temple" to the "customary place for the redemption of the firstborn". After the ceremony they were lead back again to the outer court.

The Blessed Virgin was led by her guide to the outer courts of the Temple where the ceremony took place, and she was here received by Noemi, her former teacher, and Anna, who both lived on this side of the Temple. Simeon, who now once more came out of the Temple to meet the Blessed Virgin, led her, with her Child in her arms, to the customary place for the redemption of the firstborn. Anna, to whom Joseph gave the basket with the offerings, followed her with Noemi. The doves were in the lower part of the basket; above them was a compartment with fruit. Joseph went by another door into the place set apart for men.

I saw the Blessed Virgin and her Child being accompanied by Anna and Noemi back to the outer court, whence they had fetched her, and there they took leave of each other. Joseph was there already with the two people from the inn; he had brought the donkey which carried Mary and the Child, and they started at once on their journey from the Temple through Jerusalem to Nazareth. I did not see the presentation of the other firstborn children that day, but I feel that they were all given a special grace, and that many of them were among the massacred Innocents.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.