Where is God?

When I want God…i seek Jesus
When I want Jesus…I ask Him into my heart
When He comes into my heart…He asks me what I want
When I tell Him what I want…He grants my every wish
FOr peace is what I seek, and peace in Him, I shall always find…
What greater gift can I ask for…
and what a wonderful responsibility to share this peace with everyone…
with JW’s, with Protestants, with Mormons, with Jews, with Hindus, with Muslims and so on…

Why did man have to complicate things and claim to know the truth…
can we not just live in peace…the way Jesus showed us…

I guess this is turning into a prayer…

I pray for world peace and for love to conquer all
and since I happen to be CHristian…in the name of the Father, SOn and Holy SPirit

For me personally, I have found my spiritual food in the RC faith, but that doesnt mean I know all…trust me…I am a newbie

Welcome Home and know that it is not man that is confusing everything, for there is a battle of Good versus evil, of God versus devil and man is the weapon of choice for the devil.
So as you return to the faith, I would suggest you find and pray daily the Chaplet of St. Michael that will assist you in the battle you are entering.

Thinking in human fallible terms, to confine God to a place, would be to put finite limits on infinity itself. Going back to my childhood, we learned in the Baltimore Catechism, that God is everywhere. He is without limit. As far flung as creations is, God simply is bigger than that. i.e., he is everywhere.

Yes, spiritual warfare is real and we need to be prepared for it. The closer we come to Christ, the more he attacks us. Praying to St. Michael is very powerful. May I also suggest, reading Ephesians 6:10-20. Pray to St. Paul to help you understand it and how to use it to defend yourself against these attacks.

God Bless,

[quote="Deacon_Ed_B, post:3, topic:180928"]
Thinking in human fallible terms, to confine God to a place, would be to put finite limits on infinity itself. Going back to my childhood, we learned in the Baltimore Catechism, that God is everywhere. He is without limit. As far flung as creations is, God simply is bigger than that. i.e., he is everywhere.

[/quote]

I know GOd is everywhere. The question was more of a statement....
no matter what Religion, dont we worship the same God?

Thanks, i will take your advice…
It is interesting to note that since returning to the faith of my baptism (I was not raised in any religion) after 43 years…I have certainly found things falling down around me …, sleeping, my relationships , everything and my addictions have become more insiduous
I have also realized though that being a child of GOd, means I have to love myself.

Thank you as well...I will take your advice...
as well

God is everywhere; He is omniscient, knowing even our hidden desires, and is always ready to help us:
When I can't solve a problem, God tells me: "I will direct your path". (Proverbs 3:5-6)
When I think it's impossible, God tells me: "Everything is possible". (Luke 18:27)
When I feel alone, God tells me:"Never will I leave you;
Never will I forsake you.." (Hebrews13:5)
When I say I can't do it, God tells me: "I can do anything through Him who gives
me strength". (Phillipians 4:13)
When I think I don't deserve forgiveness, God tells me: "I have forgiven you". (1 John 1:9)
When I'm afraid, God tells me: "Do not fear, for I'm with you;
I will strengthen you and help you". (Isaiah 41:10)
When I'm tired, God tells me: "Come to Me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest". (Matthew 11:28-30)
When I feel no one really loves me, God tells me: "I love you" (John 3:16) (John 13:34)
When I can't go on, God tells me: "I will show you the path". (Psalm 32:8)
When I ask: "What path does God have for me?" God tells me "My Beloved Son, Jesus Christ". (1 Timothy 2:5) (Acts 4:12) (John 3:16)
And when I want to know anything else God tells me "Read the Bible".( 2 Timothy 3 15-17)

Thank you very much .
God Bless you

We become aware of love, when we are conscious of our unity with everything and make a conscious effort not to harm others. Love is an uncontrollable murmuring, a whispering of our soul that plays such a tremendous part in our spiritual life that it influences even the smallest detail. As we observe the presence and power of love everywhere around us, we begin to experience a deep connection with God’s pure consciousness, which is everywhere. This consciousness reaches into the nature of others and draws them unassumingly to us and draws us to them, restoring the unity of everyone together in one consciousness. We begin to feel that we are a part of the living God, when we believe what Jesus said, “I and the Lord are one.” In the spirit of love there is unity with room for diversity without elimination.

Oh Soma,

Thank you for sharing these thoughts. It warmed my heart and they reminded me of what Archbishop Fulton Sheen said about God keeping a piece of our heart. If we think about it, we will find that missing piece where ever we find God.

You are welcome, and thank you. We are all simple souls.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.