Where is Jesus?

In a number of threads I have noticed that Jesus is NOT mentioned. Our blessed mother is, the spirit is? but Jesus is NOT. Our bible (the word of God) states that the only way to the Father is through JESUS, no other. Also Jesus tells us that if we are to put first the Kingdome of God ALL shall be given us.

To me this means that if I pray and if I ask, if i seek the kingdome of God firstly, then in the name of Jesus Christ my Lord, and loving saviour, only way to the Father, then i shall receive.

Sure I may not get exactly what i ask for but the former comes first.

There seems in a thread or so here that the way to peace to freedome to releace of demons is through Mary and the spirit.
i wonder ???
Godbless

???

We love Jesus here too. If ya wanna talk about Him, start up a thread about Him! I could talk about Jesus and His love and all He has done for me until the cows come home. :stuck_out_tongue: Truly, He is the greatest love the world has ever known.

Good stuff good stuff
Godbless

littleone, you’re putting the Kingdom first - you’re here! :clapping: One of the great things about Christ’s Kingdom on earth - the Catholic Church - is we have, today, 2000 years of history to learn from. We have our Blessed Mother and all the Saints, and of course the Holy Spirit is the one who reveals Christ to us. And when we see Jesus as He really is, we see the Father. And so it’s all about Jesus; it’s all about God! :bowdown:

Maybe here is a concern that His Holiness Pope John Paul II considered! :eek:

Reflections on True Devotion to Mary by His Holiness Pope John Paul II http://www.michaeljournal.org/montfort.htm he writes:** "I myself, in the years of my youth, found reading this book a great help. “There I found the answers to my questions”, for at one point I had feared that if my devotion to Mary “became too great, it might end up compromising the supremacy of the worship owed to Christ” (Gift and Mystery). Under the wise guidance of St. Louis Marie, I realized that if one lives in the mystery of Mary in Christ, the risk does not exist. In fact, this Saint’s Mariological thought “is rooted in the mystery of the Trinity and in the truth of the Incarnation of the Word of God” ** Book ewtn.com/library/montfort/truedevo.htm Preparation for 33 day consecration to the Blessed Virgin
saintlouisdemontfort.com/consecration.cfm

In my weak, stupid, limited understanding (please feel free to correct me if I am wrong) two important things on devotion to Jesus through Mary are that God lifts up the lowly and brings down the proud "Humble yourself in the sight of the Lord and He will lift you up.James 4:10 and God looks at our merits when he comes to us, hence why it is a blessing to suffer - we demonstrate love of God. "The prayer of a righteous man avails much."James 5:16 So when we pray through Mary, we avail ourselves of Mary’s merits, always far exceeding our own, and go through an intermediary to Jesus, more humble than going on our own.

When we read about Jesus, we read about him through St. Luke, St. John, St. Mark, and St. Matthew.

Now, is this true? Does humbling ourselves by praying to Jesus through Mary really bring us deep, intimate union with God? Maybe the saints who merited priveleges of receiving the Sacred Heart of Jesus and Divine Mercy devotions that give such deep knowledge of the LOVE and MERCY of God in a ways never known before, humbled themself in this way. St. Mary Faustina said she did this according to the instruction of Jesus himself

Excerpt from Vie par elle-meme by St. Margaret Mary Alacoque, to whom was revealed the Devotion to the Sacred Heart of Jesus. “The Blessed Virgin has always taken great care of me. I had recourse to her in all my necessities and she has preserved me from great dangers. I did not dare address myself to her divine son, but only to her, and I often presented her with the little crown of the rosary, which I said on my bare knees, or genuflecting and kissing the ground at every Ave Maria.” episcopalacademy.org/drum/trea/TREA5-06/Wrighttrea06a.pdf To the best of my horribly imperfect knowledge, she like St. Therese of Liseux devoted her life to Christ after being healed after prayer to Mary of childhood illnesses.

St. Mary Faustina’s Diary: Divine Mercy in My Soul Excerpt from Notebook #1, #32 Another time I heard these words, Go to the Superior and ask her to allow you to make a daily hour of adoration for nine days. During this adoration try to unite yourself in prayer with My Mother. Pray with all your heart in union with Mary, and try also during this time to make the Way of the Cross. saint-faustina.com/Diary/DMIMS1.shtml She started off directed by God in clear and uncertain words to a Marian convent, Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy.

Polish Saint Maximilian Maria studied philosophy, theology, mathematics, and physics as a college student, before earning a doctorate in philosophy and a doctorate in theology in Rome, while suffering from tuberculosis. He became a priest, changed his name to Maria from Kolbe to venerate Mary, sheltered 2,000 Jews in his friary during the Holocaust, when taken to the Auschwitz concentration camp offered to die in place of another man since that man had family and he did not as an abstinent friar. During his time in the cell, he led the men in songs and prayer. After three weeks of dehydration and starvation, he was injected with carbolic acid and died. He is reported on the Jewish Virtual Library as Righteous Among the Nations. Maybe he was Christ-like and he apostolically spread devotion to Jesus through Mary. :slight_smile: jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/biography/Kolbe.html.He founded Slaves of the Immaculata, www.consecration.com. More information: acatholiclife.blogspot.com/2005/09/st-maximilian-kolbe.html

They are all named Mary too!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse. Come Holy Spirit, come by means of the powerful intercession of the Immaculate Heart of Mary, your well beloved spouse.

For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world! For the sake of his sorrowful passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world!

O Mary, conceived without sin, pray for us who have recourse to thee!
Sorrowful and Immaculate Heart of Mary, pray for us!

*Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee. Blessed art Thou among women and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen. *

Just kidding, AveSantaMaria! (I couldn’t resist :tsktsk: ) That was beautiful stuff! Now let me finish reading…

Okay, I finished it (seriously), and actually that part is my favorite - wonderful wisdom :thumbsup:

All I possess, is His. I give Him my heart, for His Throne (during Christmas, His Cradle). I love Him so much… His Precious Face is the center of my signature, below. There have been many threads concerning Our dear Lord since I came to CAF.

But I agree with you. I’d love to see MORE! God bless you and Merry Christmas!

Thank you for bringing Jesus front and center. Our love and gratitude for the mother Jesus has given us (Mary) should not in any way stand between us and Jesus, the Son of God. If fact scripture shows us that Mary always leads us to her Son. At the wedding feast at Cana, she says, “Do whatever he tells you.”

This being said, since it has been God’s plan from all eternity to give Jesus to us through Mary, we believe that the best and surest way to Jesus in also through Mary. This is the Wisdom and Will of God. If it seems that we are developing a “Mary First, Jesus Second” attitude please point this out to us because this would idolatry and Mary would be very upset about that.

Mary, the mother of Jesus, is my ultimate spiritual director. I ask her to teach me EVERYTHING she knows about her son. I want her to help me follow Jesus in the best possible way.

Jesus should always be the center of our lives all that we do should be for Jesus
through the name of Jesus
blessing in the name of Jesus
covering in the blood of Jesus
the road ahead in the name of Jesus
The dooby bros put out a song “Jesus is just all right with me” and that stands for me to.
godbless

YOu might want to have some interview with the Exorcists and see how powerful the name of Our Mother Mary is in dealing with demons. It is simple to understand why her name is powerful - because God is humble and He uses the most humble creature - His Mother - to deal with the pride ones - the Satan.

This by no mean that Jesus is not the center of our lives - we Catholics have Jesus as the Center of our lives.

So, if you see some threads mentioning about Mary and not Jesus, and it makes you think that Jesus is not the center of the posters’ lives, then you might be wrong.

If one loves Mary, one is not far from Jesus.

To Jesus through Mary!

I think it’s mistaken to believe that if one has strong faith, one will get whatever one wants in life. To me, that isn’t what Christianity is all about. It’s about accepting what God gives one, and serving Him as best as one can, in any and all circumstances. Christ dreaded His torture and execution, but accepted His Father’s will. We must expect to experience the same thing, as followers of Christ.

if your intention is to imply we don’t talk about Jesus on this forum, is the search result for threads with the Name of Jesus in the title (did not search for all threads that mention Our Lord), including of course your contributions.
forums.catholic.com/search.php?searchid=2364240
so I think you have not spent much time on the forums.

if your intent is to assert that Catholics do not pray to Jesus, you have not spent any time at all praying with Catholics or attended Mass with us, and have no familiarity whatever with Catholic spirituality. Hope your time here will cure your misapprehensions. All Catholic prayer is directed to the Father, with Jesus, through the Holy Spirit. It is frequently joined with the prayers of all the faithful, those on earth, those in purgatory and those in heaven, most especially the very human Mother of God, Mary, and with the angels because that is how we praise. On earth, as it is in heaven, we praise God together.

I don’t even understand what you are saying at all in the last two paragraphs.

closed #16

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.