Where is Mary?

It seems from the CCC and answers I have heard on Catholic Answers Live that heaven is not a “physical” place but the “place” of God, angels, Mary, and the souls of the saints. But Mary was assumed into heaven with her body. So if Mary (and Jesus for that matter) have their bodies - where are they? Physically? I’m not expecting an answer that includes a guess at a literal location, but it seems as though at least before the 2nd coming and the Resurrection of the dead - heaven is purely spiritual. So what can we say about the physical bodies of Jesus and Mary?

That has not been revealed. So we do not know.

If one conceives of heaven as a “place” it cannot be a purely spiritual “place” because spirits have no matter, they occupy no space.

What is commonly called “heaven” is the Beatific Vision-- union with God. It is a state of being. The Catechism puts it thus:

1024 This perfect life with the Most Holy Trinity - this communion of life and love with the Trinity, with the Virgin Mary, the angels and all the blessed - is called “heaven.”

We do not know the properties of glorified bodies nor how or where they exist in space and time.

This is the answer, and well put.

Jesus was able to walk through locked doors and appear/disappear at will after the resurrection. He is able to exist in multiple tabernacles throughout the world and at different times.

Heaven could be anywhere, or nowhere, or everywhere. We do not know. We know that we will receive our glorified bodies at the end of time.

-Tim-

The spiritual bodies, pneumatikon soma, are **outside **of collinear time.

So they don’t live in a place that can be mapped onto our world, but a place, all the same.

Clear as mud, what?

Just as we know that our LORD didn’t just move upward into the sky. He’d still be swimming in interstellar space. He went up into a new kind of space.

ICXC NIKA.

In my Father’s house there are many mansions. If not, I would have told you: because I go to prepare a** place **for you. John 14:2

Jesus and Mary’s bodies were transformed into Glorified Bodies.
sjy.org/education/faithtopics/sevenpropertiesoftheglorifiedbody.aspx

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.