Where is THAT in the Qu'ran?

Anyone know where I can find where Muhammed married that little girl in the Qu’ran? I’m not asking to obcuse him of pedofelia, I just wanna know what circumstances he was under, ect. I don’t think middle-aged arab men are naturally attracted to little girls. Please don’t start hating on Islam in this thread my Christian brothers, thanks. :thumbsup:

om… hello??

It would not be mentioned in the Coran but the Hatith.

there is nothing in quran about the age of marriage or the the age of his wives

You’ll need to check the Hadiths. As far as I know (having only read a bit of it), the Koran doesn’t deal with the personal life of their prophet. The Hadiths do, but they are scattered. I have no idea which hadith it is in.

It’s not in the koran but in the hadiths.

Narrated Hisham’s father: Khadija died three years before the Prophet departed to Medina. He stayed there for two years or so and then he married 'Aisha when she was a girl of six years of age, and he consumed that marriage when she was nine years old. (Book #58, Hadith #236)

Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Book #62, Hadith #64)

Narrated 'Aisha: that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old. Hisham said: I have been informed that ‘Aisha remained with the Prophet for nine years (i.e. till his death)." what you know of the Quran (by heart)’ (Book #62, Hadith #65)

**Narrated 'Ursa: The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old **and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). (Book #62, Hadith #88)

As others have said, it’s not in the Koran, but in the hadith sources. To verify what Jakasaki said:

Narrated 'Aisha:
That the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). [Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64]

Narrated 'Ursa:
The Prophet wrote the (marriage contract) with 'Aisha while she was six years old and consummated his marriage with her while she was nine years old and she remained with him for nine years (i.e. till his death). [Sahih Bukhari Volume 7, Book 62, Number 88]

Ok, thanks, but why did he marry her? What was the situation? Why is he attracted to six-year-olds?

You find it in the Hadith which contains most stories about Muhammads life. These stories also have alot to do with the law system, Sharia.
Muhammad married Aisha when she was 6. The marriage was consumated at the age of nine, that means before she even had her period and while she was still playing with dolls. The emphasis for the Muslims was not so much her age, but that she was a virgin. Furthermore it should be mentioned that Muhammad had 12 or 13 wives during his lifetime.
Islam is the only abrahamitic religion that actually holds the perversity of polygamy up as an perfect and holy example to follow.
Are Arab men attracted to little girls? Well, I can tell you that marriage of 10-14 year old girls is still acceptable and widsespread in the Middle East. Eg. Hamas recently had a big multiple-wedding celebration where the brides were 12-year olds. I can also state as a fact that Muslims have a extremist view of virginity, so much so that they are ready to kill their female kin if they have suspicion of “broken honour”. This is a fact even in Western countries where young Arab men go out and fornicate like the rest of secular people in atheistic societies, without consequence, but the Moslem women are held under a strict social control and can loose both family and honour if they even only socialize with people of the opposite sex alone.
You don’t need to defend me from hating Islam with all its dehumanizing elements. Any educated Christian person who has studied into it is repulsed just as he/she is repulsed by Nazism, Communism and other inhuman ideologies.

Peace to you.

Polygamy

There is no record of Prophet Jesus (pbuh) opposing polygamy. If he did so, it would have meant that the condemned the practice of the prophets before him. There are a number of examples of polygamous marriages among the prophets recorded in the Torah. Prophet Abraham had two wives, according to Genesis 16:13:** “So after Abram had dwelt ten years in the land of Canaan, Sarai, Abram’s wife, took Hagar the Egyptian, her maid, and gave her to Abram her husband as a wife.”** So Prophet David, according to the first book of Samuel 27:3, “And David dwelt with Achish at Gat, he and his men, every man with his household, and David with his two wives, Ahin’o-am of Jezreel, and Abigail of Carmel, Nabal’s widow.”

In 1st Kings 11:3, Solomon is said to have “…had seven hundred wives, princesses, and three hundred concubines.” Solomon’s son, Rehobo’am, also had a number of wives, according to 2nd Chronicles 11:21,** “Rehobo’am loved Ma’acah the daughter of Absalom above all his wives and concubines (he took eighteen wives and sixty concubines, and had twenty-eight sons and sixty daughters).”**

In fact, the Torah even specified laws regarding the division of inheritance in polygamous circumstances. In Deuteronomy 21:15-16, the law states: “15 If a man has two wives, the one loved and the other disliked, and they have borne him children, both the loved and the disliked, and if the first-born son is hers that is disliked, 16then on the day when he assigns his possessions as an inheritance to his sons, he may not treat the son of the loved as the first-born in preference to the son of the disliked, who is the first-born.”

The only restriction on polygamy was the ban on taking a wife’s sister as a rival wife in Leviticus 18:18, “And you shall not take a woman as a rival wife to her sister, uncovering her nakedness while her sister is yet alive.” The Talmud advises a maximum of four wives as was the practice of Prophet Jacob (pbuh).

According to Father Eugene Hillman, “Nowhere in the New Testament is there any explicit commandment that marriage should be monogamous or any explicit commandment forbidding polygamy.” He further stressed the fact that the Church in Rome banned polygamy in order to conform to Graeco-Roman culture which prescribed only one legal wife while tolerating concubinage and prostitution.

Islam limited polygamy to a maximum of four wives at one time and stipulated the maintenance of justice as a basic condition for polygamy. In Chapter an-Nisaa (4):3, God states:

} فَانْكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَى وَثُلاَثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ فَوَاحِدَةً … {

“Marry of the women that please you two, three or four. But if you fear that you will not be able to deal justly, then [marry only] one …”

Muslims are therefore following Prophet Jesus (pbuh) in not opposing polygamy.

Give me one example in the Bible where God litterally calls polygamy good?
You cannot. But Islam does when it elevates polygamy as an example of the perfect life. Adam and Eve were created for each other exclusively. Only after the fall do we see the appearance of polygamous practices.
The taking of Hagar as a wife for Abraham besides Sarah herself was precisely a sign that Sarah did not trust in God for the promises of a son from her and Abraham. and it created a mess for future generations.
The whole Catholic tradition sees polygamy as a sign of the sinfulness of mankind. Original sin. Also we do not hold the Old Testament people to be perfect like you do(which gets you into sooo deep trouble when you feel you have to depend so many horrible things)
Even when God says: " If a man has two wives" he does not say that this is in any way good for man to act in this way nor does He institute this as an acceptable institution. God worked with man’s sinfullness, yes, but He did not command it, like your prophet did.
The whole of Christianity (and modern Judaism) finds even the polygamy of David and Solomo a sad sign of their fallen state. They had good qualities, these men… like Abraham was very obedient to God in the test at mount Moriah and David was mercifull towards Saul and repented after his sin with another man’s wife. These traits ALONE we hold as examples to be followed. But never the iniquity comitted.
This is a case for Islam alone.

As for your words that there are no direct quotes in the NT indicating that marriage should be monagomous, is simply false. Paul is very clear in his letters that marriage is between one man and one woman and that a man should be willing to die for his wife. He compares Holy Matrimony to Christ and the Church… the bride and the bridegroom. This is a pure, faithful and exclusive relationship.

Furthermore, you yourself should note that you use the OT to justifies sins that are perpetuated by your prophet, however we as Christians see the OT as an imperfect law.
(You ignored my post about this point on another thread), and we see Christ as the ONLY ONE in whom the perfect will of the Father is made manifest.

The OT is a mirror of man’s sinfulness. It’s a story about a line of Covenants that were broken by the chosen people, and where God was working with the human sinner instead of wiping him out completely or perfecting him in a day.
You are therefore right: its sad that polygamy is found in the OT. But its not the final thing!!

However, God has in Christ reconciled us to Himself.
The problem with Islam is that it calls people perfect, who are not perfect but perverted through weaknesses and sins in many ways. This is especially seen in Muhammad. The problem is that you believe he must be perfect so you have to claim his abominable actions were perfect too. This is the tragedy of it all.

Open your eyes man. You have a conscience too!

Peace.
Grace

To reiterate the point:

In Chapter an-Nisaa (4):3, God states:

} فَانْكِحُواْ مَا طَابَ لَكُمْ مِنَ النِّسَاءِ مَثْنَى وَثُلاَثَ وَرُبَاعَ فَإِنْ خِفْتُمْ أَلاَّ تَعْدِلُواْ فَوَاحِدَةً … {

“Marry of the women that please you two, three or four. But if you fear that you will not be able to deal justly, then [marry only] one …”

Islam is the ONLY religion where the faithful are advised to marry only one woman if they are unable to deal in a just manner towards all of their wives.

No it isn’t.

Well I don’t care so much that he had so many wives. Rather, he had sex with a six-year-old girl. :shrug:

What garbage site did you get this junk from? Answering Christianity.com perhaps?

I’ve been asking you all of the time.

State the web link of your source postings because I’m sure you didn’t come up with this one.

This is the islamic self proclaimed prophet of God by the name of mohamad. More hadiths for you to study regarding his “young bride Aisha”.

Narrated 'Aisha:
**I used to wash the traces of Janaba (semen) from the clothes of the Prophet and he used to go for prayers while traces of water were still on it **(water spots were still visible). (Book #4, Hadith #229)

Narrated Sulaiman bin Yasar:
I asked 'Aisha about the clothes soiled with semen. She replied, "I used to wash it off the clothes of Allah’s Apostle and he would go for the prayer while water spots were still visible. " (Book #4, Hadith #231)

Narrated 'Amr bin Maimun:
I heard Sulaiman bin Yasar talking about the clothes soiled with semen. He said that 'Aisha had said, "I used to wash it off the clothes of Allah’s Apostle and he would go for the prayers while water spots were still visible on them. (Book #4, Hadith #232)

Narrated 'Aisha:
I used to wash the semen off the clothes of the Prophet and even then I used to notice one or more spots on them. (Book #4, Hadith #233)

Al-Aawad and Hammam reported A’isha as saying:
**I used to scrape off the (drop of) semen **from the garment of the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him). (Book #002, Hadith #0567)

@ poster, I can go on and on because there are many more ~ but I’m tired of posting the same ol’ …!

hamba tried to hijack the thread to talk about something else.

Islamic law condones child rape. This talks about the fatwa that oks pediphilia. They don’t call it pediphilia because it is ok in Islam.

Baby brides in Islam basically this video says if the baby has a label of wife then it is ok. The interviewer stops the guy being question to stop using dirty words so it stops after the first one.

Pedofilia is ok in Islam This pervert talks about how it is ok to have a baby of 1 year old as a wife.

Mohammed was a pedophile and a child molester, full stop. Anyone who has sex with a nine year old is a CHILD MOLESTER. No excuses are possible. Islam is a false and backward religion and those who practice it are ignorant and backward as well. I see again in the news in the U.K. that a good moslem “father” has been convicted of slaughtering his own daughter for sake of his “honor”. She was guilty of seeing a boy who was another brand of moslem. He even forced his son to participate and had the other children tell her goodbye before they murdered her. So much for peaceful moslems and the “gentle religion of peace.” Make you want to hurl.

He had a dream that said he should marry her. :slight_smile:

I dunno about you, but if we based marriages on the fact men dreamed about certain women…

He married her when she was 6, but had sex with her only when she was 9. She was probably pretty mature for her age, so its not so bad…right?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.