Where is the Condemnation?

Why is it that we see no condemnation of the bombing in London especially after Al-queda claimed responsibility.

Are we to conclude that this silence, like that of 9/11 is a silent support for these actions?

Hello

There is no comfirmation who is responsible for the bombing as yet.

God Bless
Saint Andrew.

Muslim groups condemn terror bombings
07/07/2005 - 14:21:10

Muslim groups across Britain condemned the terrorist bombings in London today.

The Muslim Council of Britain said it “utterly condemns the perpetrators of what appears to be a series of co-ordinated attacks”.

It added in a statement: “While news unfolds, MCB urges for calm.”

==================

The Muslim News, based in Harrow, Middlesex, unreservedly condemned the bombings in London.

Editor Ahmed Versi said: “We unequivocally condemn these terrorist attacks.

“We express our deep condolences to the families, relatives and friends of the victims.”

======================

(WASHINGTON, D.C., 7/7/05) - A prominent national Islamic civil rights and advocacy group today condemned this morning’s bomb attacks in London as “barbaric crimes.”

In its statement, the Washington-based Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) said:

“We join Americans of all faiths, and all people of conscience worldwide, in condemning these barbaric crimes that can never be justified or excused. American Muslims offer their sincere condolences to the loved ones of those who were killed or injured in today’s attacks and call for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators.”

The Muslim Council of Britain and other British Islamic groups issued similar condemnations of the attacks and urged Muslims to help in the recovery effort.

In 2004, CAIR launched an online petition drive, called “Not in the Name of Islam,” designed to disassociate Islam from the violent acts of a few Muslims. SEE: cair-net.org/asp/article.asp?id=169&page=AA

The “Not in the Name of Islam” petition states: “We, the undersigned Muslims, wish to state clearly that those who commit acts of terror, murder and cruelty in the name of Islam are not only destroying innocent lives, but are also betraying the values of the faith they claim to represent. No injustice done to Muslims can ever justify the massacre of innocent people, and no act of terror will ever serve the cause of Islam. We repudiate and dissociate ourselves from any Muslim group or individual who commits such brutal and un-Islamic acts. We refuse to allow our faith to be held hostage by the criminal actions of a tiny minority acting outside the teachings of both the Quran and the Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him.”

To read CAIR’s Mission, Vision Statement and Core Principles, go to: cair-net.org/default.asp?Page=About

=================
The Archbishop of Canterbury in his statement -

"As it happens I have spent this morning with Muslim colleagues and friends in West Yorkshire, **and we were all as one in our condemnation of this evil and in our shared sense of care and compassion for those affected in whatever way. **

The Bishop of Stepney, Stephen Oliver and Dr Mohammed Abdul Bari, the chairman of the East London Mosque, spoke together outside the Royal London Hospital saying the East End and London must remain united in the face of terror.

When something like this happens people are at first afraid, and then people get angry

Dr Bari said "We’re just shocked and horrified by what has happened. I spoke to the congregation at the mosque and tried to calm their fears and told them they must remain vigilant.

“We have worked together with the communities in the East End for many years and we must continue doing so.”

===================
The British Muslim Forum said: "Our hearts go out to all those who have been affected and we express our sympathy to their families and friends.

"This is clearly a day of great disappointment coming after a day of great joy as our city of London only yesterday won the bid for hosting the Olympics 2012.

“We wholeheartedly support, congratulate and appreciate the efforts of the authorities that are currently dealing with the situation.”

**Now I add my voice as an individual Muslim, I condemn utterly the attacks in London today, may Almighty God give comfort to those who have been affected by it. ameen.

Will you also pray for the victims, or will you allow this horror become a means to create division between our faiths, as the terrorists would like to happen?**

Coral,

That’s a great sign of hope. I also pray that the Middle East, especially the madrasas who pervert Islam’s teaching by planting hatred against non-muslims, will be open to Christianity so that people there will come to know that Christianity is a religion of peace and love. Let’s spread peace and love.

Pio

CAIR condemns it today but by the end of next week it will be whining about discrimination against Muslims.

[quote=David_Paul]CAIR condemns it today but by the end of next week it will be whining about discrimination against Muslims.
[/quote]

At times I also feel this is true. The peaceful majority of Islam needs to stand up and DO SOMETHING!!!

Jim

The majority of muslims these days is too lazy to act upon anything. Here in America among the muslims Arabs are famous for starting a job and never finish it. Even I, at 17, have noticed this, and I’m sure the other area of the world where the majority is Islam come up with their own execuses to do nothing.

wonderful, the silence of the first several hours (by that I mean that the bombs went off before 10 am in london and it I still heard none at noon US CST) I still had heard not one single word of outrage by muslims.

As I posted elsewhere:

Next we’ll hear that the people who did this aren’t really Muslims, or they do not represent true Islam. Well guess what? I’m tired of that old line. If it’s true, then you REAL Muslims need to get off your butts and do something about it! Do something about the hatred taught in the Madrasas. Do something about the children brought up to believe that blowing yourself up and killing as many civilians as possible is an honorable thing to do. I don’t care what you do, but DO SOMETHING, because if you don’t, a reckoning will come and you will have no one to blame but yourselves! Simple statements aren’t helping nor are they even believed anymore, you need TO ACT! Quit playing the victim card and get out there and make a difference! Challenge the hate mongers if they are perverting your religion from the Mosques and Islamic schools. DO SOMETHING or no one will believe it when you say you are a peaceful religion which abhors these kinds of actions. Words won’t cut it anymore.

I won’t lie to you, your silence, or the feeble condemnations you and your Islamic organizations make are pathetic. I do not believe you. Most of the time, you are silent. That silence speaks volumes.

IF muslims acted upon anything the muslim world wouldnt be the over sized dump that it is today.

[quote=Unworthy] I do not believe you.
[/quote]

Well, that’s your choice. You can choose to give credibility to a bunch of murderers, and you can reject the statements of the mainstream community. I’m sure the terrorists would be very gratified to know that they have won your trust… no matter how many people they kill, you will never believe they are the liars.

[quote=coral]Well, that’s your choice. You can choose to give credibility to a bunch of murderers, and you can reject the statements of the mainstream community. I’m sure the terrorists would be very gratified to know that they have won your trust**… no matter how many people they kill, you will never believe they are the liars**.
[/quote]

asalamu alaikum sister

MashAllah, well said!

[quote=coral]Well, that’s your choice. You can choose to give credibility to a bunch of murderers, and you can reject the statements of the mainstream community. I’m sure the terrorists would be very gratified to know that they have won your trust… no matter how many people they kill, you will never believe they are the liars.
[/quote]

I give them no credibility. They do not hate us for what we have done, but for WHO WE ARE – westerners, Americans, mostly Christians.
But I am dissapppointed that mainstream Islam doesn’t join with the rest of the world to fight terorism, whether it be from Islam, environmentalists, animal rights activists, etc.
I think there are significant differences between Western culture and Arab/Muslim culture that makes communication difficult. Islam needs to sharpen and intenfy its ,essage that it wants to send to the Western world, because like it or not, these barbarous acts cloud the issue. Just as the US’s incursion into Iraq has confused the issue, I believe.

Jim

[quote=But for Grace]Why is it that we see no condemnation of the bombing in London especially after Al-queda claimed responsibility.

Are we to conclude that this silence, like that of 9/11 is a silent support for these actions?
[/quote]

No again Muslims are condemning but no one is listening. ICNA one of the largest Islamic organization in North America which consists of hundreds of scholars condemned it. Also here is what they Peace and Justice foundation sent out:

The Bombings in London

Earlier this morning, toward the end of a conversation with a friend – Atlanta based Heather Gray, president of the board at WRFG Radio – I was asked if I had heard about the bombings in London. My response was that I had received some copy on the tragedy, but had not yet had an opportunity to read it. I assured Heather that when I did, I would have something to say (insha’Allah).

Let me begin by saying the attacks in London were reprehensible to say the least. Four blasts targeted the passengers of a subway and double-decker bus; explosions timed to inflict maximum damage during the early morning rush hour, with dozens killed and over 350 reported injured. This was the type of atrocity committed by a deeply disturbed and sadistic mind; a mind devoid of compassion or the ability to empathize in a normal way with human suffering. The type of mind routinely manufactured in the West.

I say this with full awareness of who the officially designated Number One suspects are. Predictably, some nebulous “Islamic” sounding group, never heard of before (“The Secret Organization of al-Qaida in Europe”), has reportedly claimed responsibility.

I will not believe this until I see irrefutable proof! However, if it turns out that some demented “Muslims” were in fact responsible for this crime against humanity I would still lay a large part of the blame at the feet of the western powers. Why do I say this?

To begin with, such cowardly acts go against Islamic law – a divine law based upon the Qur’an and prophetic sunnah. Centuries before the modern day crafting of “rules of engagement” in international law, Muslims were given very specific rules of engagement (“limits”) in the battlefield. Unlike present day “warriors,” Muslim armies in the heyday of Islam scrupulously adhered to the prescribed “limits” – no matter the provocation! Always conscious of the Qur’anic admonition, “Do not allow the hatred of others to cause you to deviate from the right way,” they accepted this as a divinely given mandate.

With all sincerity, my heart goes out to the people who were injured, killed, or who lost loved ones in those terrible terrorist attacks earlier today. But I will not be among those Muslims who absorb, and reflect, premature blame before all of the facts come in. And if, when the facts do come in, they point to someone associated with Islam, I will still remain steadfast in rejecting responsibility – for if the culprits turn out to be deviant Muslims, they will be more a creation of the West, than a creation of Islam!

Almost the entire world today resides in the ethos of the West. It is an ethos mired in deeply entrenched cultural contradictions; an ethos riddled with social, economic, and political corruption; a dog-eat-dog, “survival of the fittest” type of ethos; an ethos that carries profound consequence in this life and the next. Allah has also conveyed in The Noble Qur’an): “Corruption has appeared in the land and on the sea, on account of what men’s hands have wrought; and Allah will make them taste a part of what they have done, so that they might return.”

What I’m saying here might not sit well with some of you reading this, so I’m going to conclude my argument with what (for some) might be a more palatable reference. [Founding Father] Thomas Jefferson reportedly said: “I tremble for my country when I reflect God is just; His justice cannot sleep forever.” (Something for both America, and her “Mother Country” to think about.)

The Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., a good man who was passionately committed to creative non-violence, spoke out eloquently and consistently against “the triple evils of poverty, racism, and war.” Four decades ago he made an observation that still rings true today (with only a modification of one word). Dr. King noted:

“Nothing provides the communists [terrorists] with a better climate for expansion and infiltration than the continued alliance of our nation with racism and exploitation throughout the world. If we are not diligent in our determination to root out the last vestiges of racism in our dealings with the rest of the world, we may soon see the sins of our fathers visited upon ours and succeeding generations.”

If Malcolm [X] was alive today and invited to comment on the bombings in London, he would probably be inclined to note, “It’s just a case of the chickens coming home to roost.”

El-Hajj Mauri’ Saalakhan

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.