Where is the council

I was wondering if someone could help me. I am debating with this one lady and I am trying to show her that the apostles could bind and loose like the Gospel of Matthew says. I remeber that there was a council somewhere in act (I think) that Peter and the apostles get together and pratice this. Does any on remeber, 'cause I can’t seem to find it right now? And any other ideas on how to show this lady would be nice. Thanks and God bless.

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was wondering if someone could help me. I am debating with this one lady and I am trying to show her that the apostles could bind and loose like the Gospel of Matthew says. I remeber that there was a council somewhere in act (I think) that Peter and the apostles get together and pratice this. Does any on remeber, 'cause I can’t seem to find it right now? And any other ideas on how to show this lady would be nice. Thanks and God bless.
[/quote]

Hi Montie -

It’s Acts 15:1-31

usccb.org/nab/bible/acts/acts15.htm

Subrosa

[quote=Montie Claunch]I was wondering if someone could help me. I am debating with this one lady and I am trying to show her that the apostles could bind and loose like the Gospel of Matthew says. I remeber that there was a council somewhere in act (I think) that Peter and the apostles get together and pratice this. Does any on remeber, 'cause I can’t seem to find it right now? And any other ideas on how to show this lady would be nice. Thanks and God bless.
[/quote]

The Council is normally called the First Council of Jerusalem.

Thanks. I am rather hungry and stressed right now so my mental faculties aren’t fireing of at normal speed. You know what I mean?

[quote=Montie Claunch]Thanks. I am rather hungry and stressed right now so my mental faculties aren’t fireing of at normal speed. You know what I mean?
[/quote]

Yeah, Montie! It’s Friday. Fasting like a prophet, are ya? :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.