Where is the Silent Muslim Majority

Every now an then you read a post, or hear a news report with a moderate Islamic voice that deplore the rubish that is going on since the Popes speech last weekend in Germany. My issue is…there are far and too few of these reasonable voices.

I stated this in a previous thread, and I think it is relavent enough to warrant a new thread:

"When the “Majority” of Islam starts to step forward and squash the nonsense that is being spewed by the “minority of fanatic followers”, their own brothers in faith, I’ll be a little less perturbed at Islam as a whole.

Until you, The Islamic Silent Majority, step up and take control of your ignorant faithful (ignorant does not mean stupid, ignorant is being uneducated in something), it will continued be hijacked by the ones who speak the loudest in the microphones and burn the most effigies. You, the Silent Islamic Majority, hold the future of how the rest of the world thinks about your religion and culture. You can decide if you wish to be looked upon as barbaric, or peaceful citizens of the world…You decide.

Don’t take too long, the rest of the world will be deciding too!"

Jay it will never happen…There simply is no Islamic Silent Majority…I truly believe that they all believe in the same agenda.

Or perhaps you dont see them talking because they’re silent. A lot of people in the south during the 20’s didn’t agree with the KKK, but who wanted to stand up to them for the sake of others and put the lives of their family on the line?

If there are people speaking out against such atrocities, what makes the 6:00 news? A talking head urging peace or a mob burning an effigy?

uh, what silent Muslim majority? is there such a thing?:eek:

Doing and excellent job of maintaining their silence.

With exclamation points !!! I couldn’t of said it any better.:thumbsup:

We keep hearing that the constant uproar of suicide bombings, kidnappings, beheadings, forced conversions, etc. are being perfomred by a “small, fanatic minority” of the Islamic faithful.

Ok…fine…That must then mean that there are is a multitude of Islam that does not agree with what these other fanatics are doing in the name of Islam. This “majority” is not doing, saying, rectifying anything that is being committed in the name of thier religion.

Unless they stand up against what is going on, they are providing tacet support.

I can understand why Muslims in Islamic countries would not want to speak out against the terrorists, but what’s the problem with the Muslims in the United States? What are they afraid of? Where are they? I know they’re out there. :confused:

muslims are taught that it is only God’s place to decide who is a muslim (believer) and who is not. they are taught to not criticize other muslims because it is haram (forbidden). this is why you rarely hear anything

These folks obviously have no issue in enforcing their own laws if they think you are an unbeliever. They behead, hold hostage, cause mayhem all in the name of Allah.

If someone were to start to corrupt the Catholic church in the name of fanaticism, I would be in the fore exposing it for what it was. I would not be sitting on the sidelines.

Hello Guardian,

I dont think wat you say is true. Muslims critisize each other all the time. Its a different to critisize each other or to call each other non muslim. I can call someone an ignorant Idiot who tarnishes islam name by his blind ignorant acts. But to deny him bying muslim then i am denying somthing he professes to believe and thats not my right.

I hope you understand

Thanks

Meedo

The reason why Muslims are loath to criticize other Muslims is because of the Quran and Hadiths which tell them that it is wrong for a Muslim to side with a disbeliever against another Muslim.

Abu Musa reported Allah’s Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: A believer is like a brick for another believer, the one supporting the other. Sahih Muslim Book 032, Number 6257

Bukhari hadiths:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin Umar: Allah’s Apostle said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim, so he should not oppress him, nor should he hand him over to an oppressor. Whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs; whoever brought his (Muslim) brother out of a discomfort, Allah will bring him out of the discomforts of the Day of Resurrection, and whoever screened a Muslim, Allah will screen him on the Day of Resurrection.” Volume 3, Book 43, Number 622

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar: Allah’s Apostle said, “A Muslim is a brother of another Muslim. So he should neither oppress him nor hand him over to an oppressor. And whoever fulfilled the needs of his brother, Allah will fulfill his needs.” Volume 9, Book 85, Number 83

Narrated 'Abdullah: Allah’s Apostle said, “Abusing a Muslim is Fusuq (i.e., an evil-doing), and killing him is Kufr (disbelief).” Volume 8, Book 73, Number 70

Narrated Anas bin Malik: Allah’s Apostle said, “Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one.” Volume 3, Book 43, Number 623

Narrated Anas: Allah’s Apostle said, "Help your brother, whether he is an oppressor or he is an oppressed one. People asked, “O Allah’s Apostle! It is all right to help him if he is oppressed, but how should we help him if he is an oppressor?” The Prophet said, “By preventing him from oppressing others.” Volume 3, Book 43, Number 624

Narrated Sahl bin Sad As-Sa’di : Allah’s Apostle said, “To guard Muslims from infidels in Allah’s Cause for one day is better than the world and whatever is on its surface, and a place in Paradise as small as that occupied by the whip of one of you is better than the world and whatever is on its surface; and a morning’s or an evening’s journey which a slave (person) travels in Allah’s Cause is better than the world and whatever is on its surface.” Volume 4, Book 52, Number 142

The Quran:
The Unbelievers are protectors, one of another: Unless ye do this, (protect each other), there would be tumult and oppression on earth, and great mischief. Sura 8:73

Verily, this brotherhood of yours is a single brotherhood
Sura 21:92

The Believers are but a single Brotherhood.
Sura 49:10

Blind ignorant acts? yes - agreed. But you may be implying that the acts were caused by ignorance and not pre meditated calculated willful ones.
How do you know what caused these acts? Why narrow it down with those words?

Okay. How about saying criminal acts? Acts of RAGE and HATE and absolutely devoid of PEACE?

yep, They are crimina a cts of hate and rage and are devoid of peace or love.

What I read from this is a notion that Islam should alway accept any and all insanity of thier brothers when it is perputrated against the non-believers.

Stated in another way:

No truth or logic is found except within Islam. This gives Islam license to do anything, including lying, destroying, maming, and killing all who do not believe in Islam…and the Silent Islamic Majority is to sit idle and watch.

If this is the true stance of all of Islam, then the Islamic faith is born of Satan and to be rebuked as Satan himself is to be rebuked.

They’re only partly silent. They don’t say a word until something like 9/11 happens, and then they all come outside to dance for joy in the streets.

then why is it that every time i criticize a muslim, i get chewed out for it meedo? i always get told that only allah can do that. that it’s not my place to criticize and then someone will post a link to a hadith

They are good at letting people know their place. If memory recalls, I believe that place is hell for all who deny Islam as true.:eek:

May be someone was trying to make you critisism constructive and effective by advsing you not to critisize in Public. I dont know thw situation yoiu were in . Can you give me an ecample?

thanks

Not to critizise in public = constructive?

Ummm, there are a WHOLE lot of Muslims that are doing just that by critizing the Popes speach!

I am not talking about the criminals here. The ones that were demanding an apology and the ones who want more of an apology…

Are they to be cited with hadiths too?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.