Before the title of this topic becomes misleading, I am not asking for anyone to tell me where to move. This topic is meant for advice. Specifically, I am trying to decide on a U.S. state, or particular region of a state, that would fit what I’m looking for. To help with this, I would like to list a few things I hope to find wherever I move, most of which I do not have in my current residence. I understand that this kind of topic can open up other issues or considerations, but I would greatly appreciate any advice based on the things I am about to list in particular. My desired attributes are (listed in order of importance from most to least):
- No extreme/dangerous weather (tornadoes, hurricanes, persistent sub-zero temperatures, etc.)
- Low crime (especially violent)
- Traditional Catholic options (parishes with traditional Church architecture, with either Tridentine or traditional NO Masses or even Eastern Catholic Divine Liturgies, an orthodox Catholic culture, etc.)
- Conservative/Republican state
- Cultural options (museums, art galleries, theatres, orchestras, professional sports, etc.)
These are the most important issues to me, and after combing through America it has been rather difficult to find anywhere that has all of these. If anything on the list was unclear, let me know and I’ll try to clarify.