Where these two saints homosexual lovers?

Quote from a friend…

“Ss. Serge and Bacchus, according to the earliest record of thier passion were…lovers. shrugs there is something here that needs to be looked…i wont argue either way…but i think a magnifying glass is needed to this…really”

WHAT!!! THIS SOUNDS ODD…

Did i mention that this friend was bisexual…

God help him

But i need answers…

Waa, I just posted a long answer to this and it got lost in transit!

Here’s some links:

The Wikipedia answer:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_Early_Christianity_and_Homosexuality

The passion of Serge & Bacchus:

cs.cmu.edu/afs/cs/user/scotts/ftp/wpaf2mc/serge.html

This document from the close of the 4th century states: Being as one in their love for Christ, they were also undivided from each other in the army of the world, united not by the way of nature, but in the manner of faith, always singing and saying, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!” They were adept and excellent soldiers of Christ, cultivating assiduously the inspired writings to combat diabolical error, and fighting vigorously in battle to defeat the enemy.

An article that appears everywhere:

lezbeout.com/ancientgaymarriageoftwomalesaints.htm

Some of their prayers:

geocities.com/catholicprayerpage/srgbchs.html

There was a lot more in my original post. Personally I think that Serge and Bacchus have been turned from spiritually united soldiers of God into gay lovers by people who want to justify a gay lifestyle. Practically everything on this line seems based on the work of John Boswell who organised the Lesbian and Gay Centre at Yale. Here’s lots of information about him.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Boswell

fordham.edu/halsall/pwh/index-bos.html

One of the articles also says David and Jonathan were gay lovers.

Two men care a lot about each other and show it- not all love is sexual. David and Jonathan are a wonderful example of what male friendships can be like.

[quote=m134e5]One of the articles also says David and Jonathan were gay lovers.

Two men care a lot about each other and show it- not all love is sexual. David and Jonathan are a wonderful example of what male friendships can be like.
[/quote]

It’s a shame concering David and Jonathon, that their friendship is being justified by the 'gay culture :confused: ’ saying…‘it’s in the Bible!’, yet they ignore the parts of Scripture that condemn their actions.
Beware of those who twist the Bible to fit their agendas!

Two good artices that help combat homosexual apologetics related to Church tradition (they discuss Sergius and Bacchus a bit):

leaderu.com/ftissues/ft9411/articles/darling.html

learnedhand.com/shaw_boswell.htm

if anyone needs further proof that the orientation to homosexual attraction is intrinsically disordered, we have just seen it here. this disorder has been called a perversion because not only is it a warped, perverted version of true sexual union between man and woman, as ordained by the Creator, but it also perverts notions of friendship, loyalty, filial love and all other relationships by introducing the notion that love denotes and is limited to sexual expression and action.

Ultimately this disordered understanding of love also threatens to pervert even the understanding of the relationship between Christ and His Church, described by Paul and the gospel writers by using the analogy of marriage. The production of the notorious play “Corpus Christi” a few years ago by a homosexual activist dramatist depicting the relationship among Jesus and the apostles in terms of promiscuous homosexual relationships. This perversion is a real threat to society precisely because it promotes and seeks to normalize such warped notions of friendships, love and relationships.

[quote=RomanRyan1088]Quote from a friend…

“Ss. Serge and Bacchus, according to the earliest record of thier passion were…lovers. shrugs there is something here that needs to be looked…i wont argue either way…but i think a magnifying glass is needed to this…really”

WHAT!!! THIS SOUNDS ODD…

Did i mention that this friend was bisexual…

[/quote]

It DOESN’T surprise me!
There is an old saying:
"Homosexuals always assume everybody else is homosexual."
It’s actually worded a little more harshly than that, but I’ll refrain from the derogatory. Basically, it’s a rationalization for their deviant lifestyle.
I have worked with several people claiming to be homosexuals, who also claim to be Christian. This makes about as much sense as an abortionist who claims to be Christian.
This movement in the gay culture has permiated society and the media. This is part of the reason we have some of the absurd documentaries on stations like A&E, The History Channel, TLC and Discovery - to name a few who claim that Jesus might have been gay because the Gospel of John speaks of “the disciple whom Jesus loved”. This is complete HOGWASH!!
Another example is of the articles that appeared in publications here in America about the Lord Of The Rings Trilogy. Many were claiming that Frodo and Sam’s relationship was “very gay” by nature because of Sam’s fierce loalty to Frodo (gee, I WONDER who started THAT rumor!!).
Of course, British publications had a field day criticizing American ignorance on the matter. They said that Americans simply didn’t understand the master-servant relationship. We Americans seem to think that the sun rises and sets on our way of life - rejecting thousands of years of different cultures.

“Ignorance of the Scriptures is ignorance of Christ” - Str. Jerome

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.