Where to begin?

I’m a 17yr old female high school sr and just over 3 wks ago I started feeling called to the religious life. Its a long story but I’m now torn about whether or not I should go to college, how to tell my parents (1 is jewish, the other is very catholic), and how to go about finding an order. I know I should have a spiritual director but I don’t exactly know how to go about that without going through my mom which would take telling her which I don’t think i want to do until i’ve talked with a priest. I do have access to a car so i can take myself places if need be. I’m afraid if i wait to long I’ll fall from the path to which i’v being called. I have a good relationship with my parents and I’m sure they’d support me in anything I choose but Iv never been comfortable talking about my personal feelings with them…i dont know why…because I talk to them about other stuff all the time. I guess im rambling. Thanks for any advice. :confused:

if i did go to college I’ve wanted to study philosophy for some time and maybe a foreign language. I’m afraid of college debt tho holding me back when i graduate.

[quote="1catholic, post:1, topic:213097"]
I'm a 17yr old female high school sr and just over 3 wks ago I started feeling called to the religious life. Its a long story but I'm now torn about whether or not I should go to college, how to tell my parents (1 is jewish, the other is very catholic), and how to go about finding an order. I know I should have a spiritual director but I don't exactly know how to go about that without going through my mom which would take telling her which I don't think i want to do until i've talked with a priest. I do have access to a car so i can take myself places if need be. I'm afraid if i wait to long I'll fall from the path to which i'v being called. I have a good relationship with my parents and I'm sure they'd support me in anything I choose but Iv never been comfortable talking about my personal feelings with them...i dont know why...because I talk to them about other stuff all the time. I guess im rambling. Thanks for any advice. :confused:

if i did go to college I've wanted to study philosophy for some time and maybe a foreign language. I'm afraid of college debt tho holding me back when i graduate.

[/quote]

Talk with your priest. At the least, he can find you a spiritual director and suggest an order that might be suitable for you. Pray, pray and, then, pray some more. Keep your mind, your heart, your eyes and your ears open.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.