Where to find a print edition of the Nova Vulgata?

Dear all,

The title is self-explanatory. Amazon has standard editions of the older Vulgate editions, and I have managed to find online editions of the Nova Vulgata (on the Vatican website and Logos Bible software), but I do not where to find a physical copy of the Nova Vulgata, if such exists at all.

Help appreciated!

P.S.: I have the same question about the Breviarium Romanum.

ISBN 88-209-2163-4
Nova Vulgata Biblorum Sacrorum Editio
First edition 1979, a second edition was published in 1986.

I saw a used paperback edition for about 100 USD. (Amazon)

I have a first edition but didn’t find it especially useful. The Latin in it compared favorably with the Latin in the daily Missal. Considering the expense, why do you think you need one?

Linus2nd

I don’t speak Italian but it looks like there are two editions of the Nova Vulgata offered in the Vatican Publishing House’s 2015 catalog, (link to pdf), page 114.
01 Nova Vulgata Bibliorum Sacrorum editio, Sacrosancti Oecumenici
Concilii Vaticani II ratione habita, iussu Pauli PP. VI recognita, auctoritate Ioannis
Pauli PP. II promulgata, Editio typica altera, 1986, pp. 2.352, Editio maior [COD. 1523] 51,65

02 Nova Vulgata Bibliorum Sacrorum editio. Sacrosancti Oecumenici
Concilii Vaticani II ratione habita, iussu Pauli PP. VI recognita, auctoritate
Ioannis Pauli PP. II promulgata. Editio typica altera, reimpressio 2005,
pp. 1.856, Editio minor [COD. 2163] 60,00

Contact info for several Vatican bookstores is listed in the catalog on page iii. Maybe one of those bookstores can help you.

Gratias vobis ago1

1. Do you have any recommended Latin-only versions of the Missale Romanum?

2. I do not especially need one. There are certainly more affordable versions of the Stuttgart Biblia Sacra Vulgata. I figured that I would at least investigate the possibility of acquiring the Nova Vulgata, but I have no particularly discriminating need.

They have the New Testament here barnesandnoble.com/listing/2670120701620?r=1&kpid=2670120701620&cm_mmc=GooglePLA--Book_45Up--Q000000633-_-2670120701620

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.