Where to go to have masses said for the living?

Before the recent death of a family member, she left me a sum of money to have masses celebrated on behalf of her living children. It is a significant sum of money, and I will be able to cycle through her family members over and over before it is all depleted. for this reason, I'd prefer to find one or several missionary-type organizations to have these masses celebrated. Otherwise, it will take forever for me to have all these masses celebrated at my own parish or at other nearby parishes. I also wish to avoid the attention of repeated masses locally which mention our somewhat distinctive family name, just for the sake of privacy.

I'm hoping for suggestions as to appropriate organizations I can contact in order to fulfill this request of my deceased family member. Thank you!

How about Catholic relief services or maryknoll?

what is that? I never heard about it. Sorry for my ignorance

[quote="pigpen, post:1, topic:234103"]
Before the recent death of a family member, she left me a sum of money to have masses celebrated on behalf of her living children. It is a significant sum of money, and I will be able to cycle through her family members over and over before it is all depleted. for this reason, I'd prefer to find one or several missionary-type organizations to have these masses celebrated. Otherwise, it will take forever for me to have all these masses celebrated at my own parish or at other nearby parishes. I also wish to avoid the attention of repeated masses locally which mention our somewhat distinctive family name, just for the sake of privacy.

I'm hoping for suggestions as to appropriate organizations I can contact in order to fulfill this request of my deceased family member. Thank you!

[/quote]

The Marian Fathers say masses for the living. I receive mailings from them as I make donations. I will get the address and post it for you.

[quote="larsenl1, post:4, topic:234103"]
The Marian Fathers say masses for the living. I receive mailings from them as I make donations. I will get the address and post it for you.

[/quote]

Marians of the Immaculate Conception

marian.org/give/

Many thanks. Their website is particularly user friendly. I will have masses celebrated by them, and would also welcome any other suggestions so I don’t overload the Marians of the Immaculate Conception. :slight_smile:

*Aid to the Church in Need *(UK) (USA) is a worldwide Catholic charity which can arrange for Masses to be said by priests in the Third World; it's a valuable source of income for poor Catholic communities around the world.

There's also a hermit somewhere in the US who offers Mass; mainly for priests but perhaps he does them for lay people too.

What a wonderful inheritence to leave her children :thumbsup:

I go to the Seraphic Mass organization: seraphicmass.org/

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.